Large Scale Central

American Mainline by Accucraft Dead?

On contacting AML, or my “prototype” video?

(the video is an inside joke between Rex and I, it is a “Santa Fe” type mountain, custom built by Rex, but my first running, the decoder I threw in had diesel sounds… an I had pulled the boiler off.)

Greg

The video. (https://largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-innocent.gif)

To get back to the GP60 status:
During the February BAGRS annual meeting I attended, to my recollection, Channing Chen in the Accucraft / AML booth there said the GP60 will be brought to the Nashville NGRC show, and it will be physically available for purchase. The GP60 is to be made in China with its motor blocks made in Korea.
-Ted

Gp60 pre order at RLD

Looks like the price listed at pre-ordering has gone up a little…I thought it was in the $370 range for non sound equipped.

Rocky Canyonero said:

Gp60 pre order at RLD

Looks like the price listed at pre-ordering has gone up a little…I thought it was in the $370 range for non sound equipped.

$378 back around 2013.

Factor in inflation and perhaps a tariff over 7 years

$378 in 2013 dollars is $418 in today’s dollars, looks like it was more work than estimated. At that time, AML/Accucraft was intending to make the entire thing themselves, but was not sure about the motor blocks, perhaps they are totally outsourcing them now.

Yeah…its expensive, but it’s not quite unreachable. (The new LGB prices are bound to skew the market if people actually pay it). Hopefully they run well with Aristo or USA engines…it would be expensive to build a fleet of them.

Beats the $600-1200 for a used dash 9

What road names are they planning for the GP60? Looks like I’ll get to see it in person this June. Later RJD

Me too ha ha!