Large Scale Central

Ads by Google

Can I purchase a banner ad that says “Track Power Rules”? :slight_smile:

hehehe.

Greg Elmassian said:

Can I purchase a banner ad that says “Track Power Rules”? :slight_smile:

Now, don’t be startin’ nuffin, Greg. :slight_smile:

Greg has been startin’ 'nuffin for a long time! We like him anyway!

I doubt you can fit all the rules on a banner!

:wink:

Bob McCown said:

Gary Buchanan said:

Quite honestly I hadn’t noticed them but they are a staple on many other forums I visit so I may just be so accustomed to seeing them that they didn’t register as being new here.

Yea, Im pretty blind to advertising online too. Until you get one that pops up full page in your face, or has autorun video or something. Then I close the browser tab and forget about visiting that site. No amount of content is worth that kind of annoyance.

Bob, I am glad to read that you feel that way.

Greg, of course it does. Count me in for $5 for that add. :wink:

Only $5.00? The way house guys talk, I’d think you’d be willing to pony up a lot more. Put yer money where yer mouth is. :wink:

I don’t see them

(shut up Rooster ) …you can’t I tried already Greg

Grant Kerr said:

I don’t see them

You won’t running an adblock program but BD asked us not to do such here Grant

So far I’ve only noticed 3 different adds, one about Conceal Carry Laws, another a Weekly Train Auction and something about Calculators. Haven’t looked at any, but they do come in pretty blue banners…:wink:

So does it pay Bob to click on them? I can do that once a day. If we all did that, the advertisers would think this is worthwhile. Really not interested, but I’ll support LSC through punching buttons.

Interesting pop-up. On the post page for cribbing, the pop-up came for " Baby cribs available @ Sears" Google works in mysterious ways… mmmmm

Yea, Google ads are interesting. If you watch them, the load a second or so after the page is ready. I suspect they ‘sniff’ the page for keywords, and deliver ads related to those keywords. For example, I just posted into my signals thread, and the ad at the bottom was for Digikey (an electronics company). The Technical Modeling forum has an ad for the new Dremel 3d printer.

Its actually cool the way they do that. Im sure its more effective for the advertisers than just throwing up random ads.

I’ve had a Lionel trains ad pop up from time to time, but no USAT or Accucraft ads. In fact, nothing Large Scale.

Steve, that’s odd. the first one I noticed here was for USA trains, some company call “Black Forest”. But then I did do a search a while back for USA trains, and Google adds knows that, so they keep throwing add for USA trains at me on other sites.

David, I’ve done searches for USAT, also, just not in the last couple of weeks. I suppose now I’ll be getting ads for Dodge truck parts. Don’t give me ads for itches that I’ve already scratched, give me an ad for an itch that I’ll get tomorrow.

I have found a number of the Google ads quite enjoyable, knowledgeable and entertaining. Just watched the Leaf Genset and before that the one about solar ponds. Each time when I was done, i forgot to hit back and just X’d it out. That took my out of LSC and had to re-log on.

Yes, I know I should just back out, but try to tell my fingers that.

Bob, anyway to make it a separate window that opens?

Bob, I’m in. I hope this site can stick around for a long time. definitely worth supporting. Thanks

The banner I got at the bottom of this page was for Google Ads. :stuck_out_tongue:

Really.