Large Scale Central

Abrasives Co. elevator

Ron it is 5” black ABS? Plastic pipe from your local irrigation and sprinkler store, I got a 10’piece. And a hint, if they offer it have them cut it into pieces , I had a hell of a time getting nice straight cuts. Or get a 5” band clamp, when it is perfect draw a good line and follow it. I then drilled some holes and using bolts to hold them together.

edited to fix the pipe length to 10’

5" is one thing to cut, but to cut a 5" ABS pipe 1’ long on top of that is another. Those silos would be about 10’ in diameter and 24’ tall in 1:24 scale.

Ron I goofed typing ,(no surprise there) I meant a 10’ piece of plastic pipe, and have edited the answer .

So update time, I had some cooler weather so was out in the garage and came up with come more ideas and parts

Cut and folded some coroplast to make the unloading shed for the railcars, also make a what will look like concrete base for the silos to sit on, and give some more height to the whole structure. I think the buildings will be in this configuration, it is fairly close to a picture or 2 I have seen, and they vary so much it really is up to me.

The elevator is wrapped 2X2 pine and is on the right side will be actually on the other side and I will probably cut it off and install it on the roof of the unloading shed when I get that done. I am thinking instead of the aluminum corrugated I will just cut a piece of Coroplast and just paint it either silver or white to make it look like long pieces of metal roofing.

I did also purchase 4 Colorado Model Structures building so now I need to look at building them and finding good rattle can paints to mimic brick buildings and all the trim colors.