Large Scale Central

A Visit to the Woodland Railway

OK, so I’m the guy who hasn’t travelled much yet, so excuse my ignorance. Kevin, where do you live, and where is Dad’s layout?

Lou Luczu said:

OK, so I’m the guy who hasn’t travelled much yet, so excuse my ignorance. Kevin, where do you live, and where is Dad’s layout?

Kevin lives in Colorado. Dad lives in Upper Marlboro, MD, just outside Andrew’s Air Force base. A hop, skip and a jump from New Jersey…:wink:

Thanks, Ken.

Don’t forget your passport when you leave PA!

Yea, I probably will need it traveling to the “Left” coast…:wink:

I first learned of Jim Strong’s layout in an article in the old Garden Railways magazine. I believe the article was about his concrete building technique.

And I thought I got my concrete roadbed ideas from Marty Cozad! Just goes to show that there are very few new ideas. Marty probably learned it from Jim’s article.

Marty may have taught you roadbed technique, but what I was referring to was the buildings themselves. Jim’s article showed an amazing level of detail that’s possible. I don’t have the magazine now, but it was one of the issues when Mark Horovitz was running the show. Sorry if Mark’s last name is incorrectly spelled.

OK - Thanks for the correction.