Large Scale Central

844 Hits a Pedestrian

Page two and I learned something today?

I find it quite interesting that apparently none of the others present took initiative to grab her out of the way.

There were four or five other people also taking pictures of the passing train, but they were further back, according to officials.

https://denver.cbslocal.com/2018/07/22/union-pacific-train-cheyenne-frontier-days-hits-pedestrian/

Ouch… The video is still up on Youtube. Looks like she was standing right at the edge of the ties… Sad that people don’t have more respect for dangerous situations…

Forrest Scott Wood said:

I find it quite interesting that apparently none of the others present took initiative to grab her out of the way.

There were four or five other people also taking pictures of the passing train, but they were further back, according to officials.

https://denver.cbslocal.com/2018/07/22/union-pacific-train-cheyenne-frontier-days-hits-pedestrian/

from the drone video, it looked like there was no one anywhere near close enough to grab her. I doubt any of the other foamers noticed her dangerous position, they tend to singularly focused on getting the shot and forgetting their situation. Watch the two videos below, both are near misses simply because the foamer was too close to the tracks and too focused on getting that perfect picture of video. In the first video, the woman is saved not by a fellow foamer but a RR employee who physically drags her away, the second was saved by shear dumb stupid luck he wasn’t standing 6 inches to the right.

Vic Smith said: I doubt any of the other foamers noticed her dangerous position, they tend to singularly focused on getting the shot and forgetting their situation.

I’m thankful to have been involved in NRHS-run excursions in the 1980s instead of now.

In the first video, the woman is saved not by a fellow foamer but a RR employee who physically drags her away,

Unbelievable. She just ignores the guy and carries on filming. She almost got a Darwin Award - guess the lady who was hit by 844 will turn up in their Awards next year.

I really hate idiots like this who end up ruining everything for the rest of us.

Since we’ve won the food chain wars, we only have stupidity to cull our herds, so be it.