Large Scale Central

7-8 June Operations on the Bluestone Southern

Ken Brunt said:

Ric Golding said:

The Evansville Western Local is becoming quite the train to run.

Wonder how that would work with a K-27 on the head end…:wink:

You might have to “double” a couple of the hills, but you could do it.

Jon Radder said:

A K-27 with Rodney’s drive could probably handle it. Stock, maybe not! I remember his brick hauling tests.

Ric - good synopsis of what the Ops are all about. I never made it to any of your sessions before you stopped them. Hope I won’t be able to say the same about Andy’s. You’ve got to be on the way to Denver, right!

Absolutely!!! and comes with free lodging and meals.

Andy Clarke said:

Ric did a great job, explaining the EVWR local run… The actual interchange track at Woodlawn, only has a north and a south interchange track, and the points for these switches both face east/south… When EVWR first started running this route, they only had a 2-man crew, engineer & conductor… Since the EVWR runs North/South, in which north is actually west, and south is actually east, all cars for the Interchange track were worked when the Train was running back south…

I basically run the Local run on the my railroad the same way… It really makes it much easier on the train crew to work the interchange on the way home, versus trying to work it on the way out.

Currently, they are running a 3-4 man crew, so, now, they break the eninges apart, and ““dance”” the around to shuffle freight cars around the locomotives… Once the switching has been completed, the MU all the locomotices back together and finish their run…

Only correction to Ric’s synopsis is, the boscars get dropped off on the Northbound interchange track, and EVWR Picks up the boxcars from the Southbound interchange track…

Sorry, just had to correct it… :slight_smile:

No problem, we’ve actually have had lots of crews get it wrong while operating.