Large Scale Central

6th Annual KVRwy Fall Operating Session - 2007

I was asked to get this started and I guess it is about time.

We have posted this formal notice in many places, including LSC’s “Conventions, Shows and Clubs”

“The Kaskaskia Valley Railway will hold its 6th Annual Fall Operating Session on the first weekend of November. That is November 3 and 4, 2007. We use RailOps software for the control of car movement and radios for dispatching. It is a weekend ops session with both days starting around noon and going until nobody is running trains anymore. Our goal is to run 18 trains to a schedule. Sometimes we succeed and sometimes some of the trains have to be annulled or extras have to be added. It is not really as regulated as it may sound, but there is lots of food and its a lot of fun. We also have a live steam track set up. If you can make it to 50 miles east of St. Louis, Missouri, you are certainly welcome to join us. There are usually about 35 to 40 people for the weekend. For more information contact me at [email protected].”

As far as progress toward the event, there is a “todo” list.

This includes a interchange track outside of the basement window heading to “Southern Division”, where we have already installed the new industry and run around for KV Light and Power. Some equipment has had to have the batteries replaced and that was tested at Marty’s. So things are progressing and we are about 5 weeks out.

All is well in Southern Illinois.

Ric Golding said:
. . .The Kaskaskia Valley Railway will hold its 6th Annual Fall Operating Session on the first weekend of November. progressing and we are about 5 weeks out . . . All is well in Southern Illinois.
I took the cyber tour of your operation, including viewing the special layout diagrom--the "RailOP Dispatcher's Line Drawing of the KVRwy"-- which in itself is quite impressive. Quite an operation you have there. Good luck with the event.

Hi Ron,

Thank you for the compliments. Its all for fun and it doesn’t work without all our friends that come to help. Yes, we have a good time and feel very blessed to live in this land and give thanks for that every day. What a kick.

We’ll try to keep some postings going at

http://www.largescalecentral.com/LSCForums/viewtopic.php?id=7827

You’re welcome to join us.