Large Scale Central

Figures and sizes

I’m hoping if I’m wrong on this I’ll get corrected with the correct answers.

For large scale figures, is an adult male figure going to be around 3" high if he’s around 6ft tall? I know it’s going to be different here and there for all the different scales, 20.3, 22.5, 29, 32, etc…just wanting to get a general feel for something I have in mind.

michael

Michael:

Yes. Here is a table of the most commonly used large scales with your suggested nominal 6’ tall figure height shown in inches:

1:32 scale: 2.25"
1:29 scale: 2.48"
1:24 scale: 3.00"
1:22.5 scale: 3.20"
1:20.3 scale: 3.54"
1:13.5 scale: 5.33"

Quite a range, even if 1:13.5 scale was not included.

Prototype people obviously come in a large range of sizes, and the overall U.S. population has gotten significantly taller and heavier over the last century.

Happy RRing,

Jerry

Michael T said:
I'm hoping if I'm wrong on this I'll get corrected with the correct answers.

For large scale figures, is an adult male figure going to be around 3" high if he’s around 6ft tall? I know it’s going to be different here and there for all the different scales, 20.3, 22.5, 29, 32, etc…just wanting to get a general feel for something I have in mind.

michael

I just keep in mind a couple dimensions:

In my scale (1:29), 2 inches is just short of 5ft and 2.5 inches is just a hair over 6ft. With a ruler, I can tell if this figure would represent a short person, tall person, basketball star or giant.

Just doing some quick measurements on some of the figures I sell here.

Jersey George: 3.5"
Ed: 3 5/8
Cal: 3 3/4

Too big for my scale, except maybe very far from the trains.