Large Scale Central

Why am I still collectiing cans??

I can’t throw them away. Now I don’t look at a can without thinking about how it will go on my railroad. I blame Dave Taylor.

Aside from that, I’ve been watching every one of the builds this year and I think it’s shaping up to be a great year of creativity and craftsmanship.

John, John, John,

Your about 25 cans behind my horde… As soon as I finally decided on the “Tin Can” part, I started hoarding so I could have a good collection for the reveal photo. Well, that same night the wife decided to make a BIG pot ( 2 gal ) of Chili w/beans… 10 cans in three sizes the first night. and it went way over the top with the big pot of spaghetti sauce.

Don’t know of a cure yet for canhoarding.

The cause of it all…Dave T.

I CAN not understand why you people do this. (http://largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-tongue-out.gif)(http://largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-tongue-out.gif)

Could be you are saving them for the recycle metal drive needed as the civil war starts after Noon, Wednesday…!!!

Must you continually bring what are to you ‘foreign politics’ to these threads?

Why are you still collecting cans ? Because you CAN CAN CAN !

I’m doing the same thing and actually bought 4 tall cans of iced tea the other day just in case and I had soup the last couple of nights for the cans, just in case.

Well, this could end up in the Sixth Edition of the DSM…it’ll be known as Taylor Syndrome.

One question: when I was in school in Boston, there was a law where you made a deposit on bottles and tin cans, then you got a nickle back for each bottle or can when you returned them. Do they still do that? If so, I think you Massachusetts boys should get a special dispensation to not include the deposit against your final cost.

Fred Mills. said:

Could be you are saving them for the recycle metal drive needed as the civil war starts after Noon, Wednesday…!!!

You clearly meant to say as the “can opener” war starts after Noon!