Large Scale Central

Does anyone sell paper/cardboard building fronts

I was looking for building fronts in paper/cardboard to use on a shelf g scale display.

trainman

Search for G scale building fronts on ebay. Seller pghtrainfanatic

John;

Perhaps 20 years ago or more, Bachmann made some large scale building kits from a material similar to Masonite. Some of these kits may still be floating around on eBay or languishing on an older hobby shop’s shelves. They seemed to be about 1/8 inch thick. Perhaps still thin enough for your proposed purpose? Anyway, thought the information might help.

Regards, David Meashey

I have printed pictures of building fronts, glued them on to foam board and then cut along the outline with a razor knife. They looked very good along a backdrop from a short distance. It helps if you have a printer that can do tabloid size paper. Family Garden Trains has a nice assortment of pictures all ready to use.

Sophie Boone said:

I have printed pictures of building fronts, glued them on to foam board and then cut along the outline with a razor knife. They looked very good along a backdrop from a short distance. It helps if you have a printer that can do tabloid size paper. Family Garden Trains has a nice assortment of pictures all ready to use.

I have no problem doing it this way as I would rather have pics that I want and are of local business in my area where I model.

trainman