Large Scale Central

Getting into LGB

I have a LGB Caboose 43714 that I need to get into to retrieve the lighting wires. This thing is built like a tank. How do I get in ? I have two screws on the bottom as well as two tabs. I could not get the tabs to budge. Do I remove the roof? Any advise would be appreciated

Mike

Not certain with this particular model as I never owned one but most LGB cars have the roof secured with screws. Usually one at each end under the eaves.

I always use the LGB Service Manuals, https://www.onlytrains.com/manuals/43714-1.pdf I think you will find on this caboose that there are no wires or lights in the caboose when new, you have to purchase metal wheels, the wheel spring contacts for power pickup on the wheels, lights, and wire. I don’t do mine that way, I purchase a 9v battery pack, mount it under the car and put LED’s in the car for light and power the marker lamps. Many on this forum are lighting there passenger, cabooses, etc. this way, cost is less then $8.00 per car.

trainman

I bought it used. It has metal ball bearing wheels. I can see wires coming from the top lighting strips hanging down. I did find if you remove the trucks there are four more screws. If you remove them, the bottom flexes but does not want to get off the two tabs on bottom.

Mike

Located on each end, by the roof there are tiny slots. insert screwdriver and pop the tops off.

Mike

There are no screws holding the roof on this model, just takes a lot of force to remove the roofs. Just as much ‘fun’ to reinstall the roofs!!