Large Scale Central

RLD Hobbies open house. Day 1 on 6-26-2010

RLD Hobbies open house. Day 1 on 6-26-2010

Nice to see the RailPro promos! The “bedroom” conversation at 2:44 cracked me up!

LMAO!!! I thought I had turned the sound down in that part of the video. Ooops!

I love that sound that railpro has and the features too. I hope they can work on the range and get it closer to what revolution is.

Very impressive! Thank you for sharing. In these days of not being able to attend Ops Sessions, Train OPs, travel to northern foreign lands or even just 28 miles south of our home base to the “World of BS”, I’m jealous of the gathering. Looks like a good time was had by many and proper social distancing was observed. Was there any marshalling, assembling of those large consists or any work for a small lonely switcher to find some gainful employment?

Just asking for a friend.

Ric, there are no marshalling or assembling of trains. With so many people running trains at once, I don’t know how you could do that. It would be cool though. But, there are some people that don’t watch switches as it is. It would be a recipe for disaster.

A couple years ago there was a head on collision with a USA Trains Big Boy and a an Aristo Pacific. It didn’t end will for the poor pacific!

I contemplated taking trains to RLD once or twice, but every time I’ve gone there, all the siding tracks were full of trains…

Seems to me like it’s a ““Whomever gets here first gets the tracks”” and mostly they sit on the tracks all weekend…

A great time to visit with old friends, but personally, I wouldn’t take anything to run there…

Just my opinion…