Large Scale Central

Bachman Spectrum 2-8-0

Hello,

i came into a Bachman Spectrun 2-8-0 that had never been run. I went to test it out on DC before converting it to battery later. It ran well but no sound. I checked for a switch behind the boiler front but nothing for sound. Under the coal load I did not see a sound switch either. Also as luck would have it the owners manual was missing. I tried searching on line for a manual but could not find one. So I thought someone here might be able to lend an answer

thanks

Is it a Consolidation? or a C-19?

Jason

it is a C-19

it is a C-19

They do not come with sound.

For a manual look at this

https://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/references.php

scroll down to LARGE SCALE find LS C-19

Jason

Jason

thanks much. I saw two speakers in there and thought it did. Thanks for the link and the info. Have a good night

Jason

thanks much. I saw two speakers in there and thought it did. Thanks for the link and the info. Have a good night

Chuck,

Hello, have you done anything to add sound to your 2-8-0?

I expect mine to be delivered today, and have been reading about all the sound and control options. Mind boggling to say the least. I can’t decide on full DCC or one of the R/C systems.

Flyer

Chuck Agonis said:

Jason

Bachmann often puts a speaker in their locos. They offer DCC versions of the 3 truck Shay and ? with Tsunami decoders that have sound included from the factory.