Large Scale Central

Continuing, part II

Hey folks

After a couple weeks of deliberation, and some email conversations with some of you, I have decided to keep the site going. Apparently some of you can behave when things are on the line.

A couple things that came out of emails and messages.

• I run this site because I like to have a place to come and find out about things happening in the hobby, and to look at what all y’all are up to.
  • I need to be more hard nose about rules and suspending accounts. I have done this in the past. One poster, after being warned about his behavior, emailed back “I like to stir the pot sometimes”. He got suspended. So did repeatedly questioning someone’s modeling.
  • It has been suggested I have a moderator or two. I’m still on the fence about this.
  • Some of you would be very surprised as to who the majority of my messages think should be suspended.
  • Give an inch, and people will take a mile. People like to be sea-lawyers with site rules, when “be nice” and “behave” should be simple for adults to understand.

This is my site. Not your site. Some of you have worn out your welcome on other sites, and have nowhere else to go. Keep that in mind. If you like to provoke people, or get offended when someone does something differently, you don’t belong here.

thank you BD for continuing this site, I hope we can behave for a long time and continue to teach or show others what we have found works, or more importantly doesn’t work, (sometimes Spectacularly) and show our layouts and see others. Most importantly we can make friends with like ideas and help promote this great hobby. Thanks again for allowing us to come into your place and share. Sincerely Pete Lassen Babs River Railway

Thanks, Bob.

Thanks, Bob for putting this into plain English.

I would probably be surprised because I tend to think everyone is true and trustworthy. So I would be shocked to find out who are the rabblerousers.

As I learned as a kid, let’s just play and get along together.

BD

A sincere thanks for tolerating the crap and I am glad to see you cleared up the question of ownership of the site. Although it seems we still have instigation going on most members are following the simple rules you request we follow. Moderators I personally feel should not even be considered as I believe they can create more problems then they solve. If you do the suspension if we don’t play nice together, and do it without warning when a perpetrator breaks the rules, others will think twice.

Thank you again for your decision(https://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-cool.gif)

Many, many thanks for continuing Large Scale Central. This great hobby, which is a very big part of my life, would never be anywhere near the same without this site. I follow all of the threads with interest and would be at a big loss without them. Thank you!

Bob, I also am thankful that you will be keeping the lights on.

It is your site, so its your rules, and your decisions to make regarding the site. We need to keep that in mind.

As for who and what, we the viewing public at home don’t need to know. Some of may be able to guess who gets the most votes as to who should be off the island, and some of us probably would be surprised.

Moderators, well, I also think that could be a double edged sword. Personal opinion and agendas can creep in with moderators.

Bob,

Thank you for allowing this site to continue. Although I am just getting back into LS, I look forward to the opportunity to share and learn.

Thanks for providing me a site to participate in.

Tommy

Rio Gracie

All:

Aside from appreciation of Bob’s decision you might consider donating to the running of this site. I just became a Silver member today and I feel that it’s the least that I can do besides not participating in those threads that violate the rules. This is one of the most cost effective things that I can do with my hobby dollars given the value of the information, experience and entertainment that is contributed by the members of this forum. As they say - “try it, you’ll like it!”

Mark

Thank You Bob. (https://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-smile.gif)

David Maynard said:

Bob, I also am thankful that you will be keeping the lights on.

It is your site, so its your rules, and your decisions to make regarding the site. We need to keep that in mind.

As for who and what, we the viewing public at home don’t need to know. Some of may be able to guess who gets the most votes as to who should be off the island, and some of us probably would be surprised.

Moderators, well, I also think that could be a double edged sword. Personal opinion and agendas can creep in with moderators.

Kind of …same as David said. We have been on here, as a guest and member from the time Bob Mc C. started this up years ago. We found out here, sometimes it’s better to just set by and say nothing, Then thing seam to work out later on… Moderators can help as a back up just to keep things normal before it gets to Bob McC. and messing up his day. But… like David said it may be the other side of the Sword.

At around the same time, we were a long time member on the other site and lost everything we had there. Just hope it doesn’t happen here as Bob McC. takes a lot of crap for no reasons. This should be a shared Hobby and a Hobby only.

I would encourage you to strongly consider moderators, they are free, you can “fire” them at any time, and most importantly, you have stated many times you cannot “look” at what is going on more often than about once a week… these fires often bubble up in less than a day.

Like you say, it is YOUR site, so you can try something, and if it does not work, try something else.

Greg

The question was asked of me…“How many moderators does Greg have, if any on his web site ?” I could not answer, so when Greg posted this “Suggestion”, for Bob to contemplate; I figured it would be an honest question to ask a person who publicises his own web page, and has some experience on this subject.

The question is not asked with any malicious intent, what-so-ever…

Fred Mills

Fred Mills. said:

The question was asked of me…“How many moderators does Greg have, if any on his web site ?” I could not answer, so when Greg posted this “Suggestion”, for Bob to contemplate; I figured it would be an honest question to ask a person who publicises his own web page, and has some experience on this subject.

Fred Mills

And, if you decided that you would adopt the idea of moderators, how do you EVER find somebody that thinks like you do AND wants to be a moderator?

Fred Mills. said:

Fred Mills

I don’t understand how this “question” is applicable since Greg’s website is not interactive like a Forum.

-Ted

Allow me to act as if I were a “moderator.” I suggest we drop this subject at this point before it gets out of hand. Opinions have been put forth and I’m sure Bob will take them into consideration, so let’s move on.

Thanks to Bob for keeping the site up and running.

Ditto

Good thoughts on the question…most appreciated. Thank you all.

Fred Mills