Large Scale Central

The Occre JUPITOR 4-4-0

Hello,

Has anyone built the Occre JUPITOR 4-4-0 model?

Is the boiler a Wooden Tube with a Metal Wrapper Applied?

What is the minimum track curve operating radius?

Are the Gears Metal or Plastic?

Thank you,

Norman

I think this is the model he is referring to…

https://www.cornwallmodelboats.co.uk/acatalog/OC54007.html

Image result for occre jupiter

Well, since its in the “static display kits” category, I would really wonder if there were any gears at all. Static implies that it isn’t powered, and doesn’t move under its own power.

Is there a working model ?

Found this on EBay, not bad priced

Click to enlarge

• Vintage-MPC-1-25-The-General-4-4-0-American-Standard-Steam-Locomotive-Model-Kit thumbnail 1

• Vintage-MPC-1-25-The-General-4-4-0-American-Standard-Steam-Locomotive-Model-Kit thumbnail 2

• Vintage-MPC-1-25-The-General-4-4-0-American-Standard-Steam-Locomotive-Model-Kit thumbnail 3

• Vintage-MPC-1-25-The-General-4-4-0-American-Standard-Steam-Locomotive-Model-Kit thumbnail 4

• Vintage-MPC-1-25-The-General-4-4-0-American-Standard-Steam-Locomotive-Model-Kit thumbnail 5

• Vintage-MPC-1-25-The-General-4-4-0-American-Standard-Steam-Locomotive-Model-Kit thumbnail 6

• Vintage-MPC-1-25-The-General-4-4-0-American-Standard-Steam-Locomotive-Model-Kit thumbnail 7

• Vintage-MPC-1-25-The-General-4-4-0-American-Standard-Steam-Locomotive-Model-Kit thumbnail 8

• Vintage-MPC-1-25-The-General-4-4-0-American-Standard-Steam-Locomotive-Model-Kit thumbnail 1

• Vintage-MPC-1-25-The-General-4-4-0-American-Standard-Steam-Locomotive-Model-Kit thumbnail 2

• Vintage-MPC-1-25-The-General-4-4-0-American-Standard-Steam-Locomotive-Model-Kit thumbnail 3

• Vintage-MPC-1-25-The-General-4-4-0-American-Standard-Steam-Locomotive-Model-Kit thumbnail 4

• Vintage-MPC-1-25-The-General-4-4-0-American-Standard-Steam-Locomotive-Model-Kit thumbnail 5

• Vintage-MPC-1-25-The-General-4-4-0-American-Standard-Steam-Locomotive-Model-Kit thumbnail 6

• Vintage-MPC-1-25-The-General-4-4-0-American-Standard-Steam-Locomotive-Model-Kit thumbnail 7

• Vintage-MPC-1-25-The-General-4-4-0-American-Standard-Steam-Locomotive-Model-Kit thumbnail 8

Details about Vintage MPC 1/25 The General 4-4-0 American Standard Steam Locomotive Model Kit

Be the first to write a review.

Popular Item1 watched in last 24 hours

Vintage MPC 1/25 The General 4-4-0 American Standard Steam Locomotive Model Kit
Seller :
2ndtimetoysnhobbies (11588 )
100% Positive feedback

Save this Seller

|
Contact seller
|
See other items

Item Information

Neither of those were ever Intended to be running models. The MPC is 1/25 but it’s to scale so the gauge way to wide for G. The Occre offers a sort of motorizing kit for it teams and small locomotives like the Rocket and Adler but not for any of the bigger engine.

There are a number of build videos for the loco on YouTube to give you an idea of what is involved Norman. A search as “OCCRE Jupiter” will find them

The OCCRE kit range as sold are engineered as static models though some are suitable for adaptation for running, particularly their tram range. They rely mainly on laser cut sheet wood/ply and wood strip for their construction with some cast zamak parts (sometimes a bit crude) and brass wire to add detail. The parts fit together well but I would not suggest for a novice to build. Things like boilers are strip wood built round circular formers that are then smoothed with filler and sanded round. Decoration, where supplied, is simply printed paper not waterslide or dry print - you do the adhesive and laminating bit. It’s that basic sometimes with OCCRE. If you have limited experience get some with a few of the simple laser cut wood rolling stock kits that are out there first before attempting one of these to get a feel for working with the materials. It took me 9 years of practice to summon up the courage to build their Madrid tram kit. But it built well and was worth the effort in the end.

I noted with the Jupiter it is supplied with an etched metal chassis. Unusual for OCCRE. I doubt this and the motions supplied would be reliable and up to use as a powered loco though - back to the engineered for static purposes thing. Mind you it’s surprising what you can do with a USAT motor block with the right wheelbase and some Slaters wheelsets.