Large Scale Central

Crossing Signals Who Makes Them?

Okay, so I want some crossing signals. The only problem, no one makes them any more. South Bend is not doing anything anymore.

I emailed Z Stuff and they said they won’t do them because of the standard gauge stuff that is available…

So what can I use for crossing signals and or gates.

Thanks

Indoors you can use balsa wood and to lift them perhaps a cheap airplane remote control to activate 90 degree servos or enlarge the arms of the standard gauge ones …

You could peruse the results from a search such as the following. Who knows, you might find what you are looking for!

g scale crossing signal

Mark Hadler said:

You could peruse the results from a search such as the following. Who knows, you might find what you are looking for!

g scale crossing signal

Yes, I know how to google, and no I didn’t see any g scale results. Just mth stuff.

Thanks though

Hiya Steve, I still have two or three of them laying around new in their boxes, g-scale, they are Bachmann. They have the crossing, track, two lights and crossbars, wired, etc etc. I think I paid about $50 each for them, but I’d sell 'em to you for $30 each plus maybe ten bucks or something to cover the shipping.

If you don’t want to pay for them, f**k it, I’ll just send 'em to you.

edit: I forgot we’re not supposed to use bad words.

Reindeer Pass has a few South Bend Crossing signals left. Look under South Bend Signal Company on the left in their website. www.reindeerpass.com

Hmm, I see more than just “mth stuff” on this ebay page from that search.

However since I don’t know what scale or specific item you are looking for, perhaps I’m being a bit to expansive in my reading of the available items such as LGB and Bachmann.

John Passaro said:

Hiya Steve, I still have two or three of them laying around new in their boxes, g-scale, they are Bachmann. They have the crossing, track, two lights and crossbars, wired, etc etc. I think I paid about $50 each for them, but I’d sell 'em to you for $30 each plus maybe ten bucks or something to cover the shipping.

Lol, you still have them? Please let me know…

Thx Steve

Mark Hadler said:

Hmm, I see more than just “mth stuff” on this ebay page from that search.

However since I don’t know what scale or specific item you are looking for, perhaps I’m being a bit to expansive in my reading of the available items such as LGB and Bachmann.

Hi Mark,

Yes, I do ebay all the time… I’m looking for “realistic” crossing signals, either with or without gates, like south bend did. I’m not into scale like most, I have a bit of everything, mostly Piko trains, and soon some USAT engines… most buildings I have are Piko as well… so I guess the majority would be 1/29… but I have some LGB stuff as well, mainly PRR passenger cars… I’m aware of the z stuff signals, and had bought the PRR 7 light position, but it didn’t work, had to send it back, now I can’t find a hobby shop that has them.

Thanks…

Colin Criswell said:

Reindeer Pass has a few South Bend Crossing signals left. Look under South Bend Signal Company on the left in their website. www.reindeerpass.com

Hi Colin,

I do business with them all the time in fact they are working on 2 USA trains GP9 right now for me… adding dcc and sound. I’ll have to ask Mike if he has them in stock when they get back from the convention…

Thanks, I didn’t even think about asking them what the had left.

Steve

Steve said:

John Passaro said:

Lol, you still have them? Please let me know…

Thx Steve

Hiya, Steve, I still got 'em. Send me a message and call me or something.

edit: Just don’t let David Russell get ahold of my email and phone number…I don’t want to start getting spam and robo-calls from Amtrak.

Mark Hadler said:

g scale crossing signal

Steve, you said you did not see any g scale stuff… I clicked this link and the first hit was ebay, and it has LGB and lifelike signals, as well as 1:29… that is the FIRST HIT.

Second hit was walthers, and several G scale signals: https://www.walthers.com/products/layout/signals-detection-units-signs/signal/scale/g-scale

Third hit was south bend signal stuff on reindeer pass: http://www.reindeerpass.com/southbendsignalcompany.aspx

I got tons of hits for just g scale signals, and several were indeed crossings… if you did not get these results, I would ask, did you actually click Mark’s link? If you did and did not get the same things, you have a computer issue.

I clicked mark’s link and got exactly what you asked for.

Greg

They’re kind of nifty, actually. When the train crosses it triggers something or other and the gate go down.

If you can find them, this is what you want. It’s a VCS XG2000.

Greg Elmassian said:

Mark Hadler said:

g scale crossing signal

Steve, you said you did not see any g scale stuff… I clicked this link and the first hit was ebay, and it has LGB and lifelike signals, as well as 1:29… that is the FIRST HIT.

Second hit was walthers, and several G scale signals: https://www.walthers.com/products/layout/signals-detection-units-signs/signal/scale/g-scale

Third hit was south bend signal stuff on reindeer pass: http://www.reindeerpass.com/southbendsignalcompany.aspx

I got tons of hits for just g scale signals, and several were indeed crossings… if you did not get these results, I would ask, did you actually click Mark’s link? If you did and did not get the same things, you have a computer issue.

I clicked mark’s link and got exactly what you asked for.

Greg

Again, I said crossing Signals… who makes them. The above is toy like… no lights. I want operational stuff. Reindeerpass has 1 southbend crossing signal left… they are not being produced anymore, so why would I want it… when the items you need to get it to work won’t be available.

So, I say this again. Who makes an operational crossing signal with alternating lights for g scale…

Todd Brody said:

If you can find them, this is what you want. It’s a VCS XG2000.

Yeah, I hear they aren’t made any more been watching ebay though…

Steve said:

Okay, so I want some crossing signals. The only problem, no one makes them any more. South Bend is not doing anything anymore.

I emailed Z Stuff and they said they won’t do them because of the standard gauge stuff that is available…

Thanks

Giving someone a hard time for trying to help… hmmm… and also notice the lack of specifics here in the original post… sorry I bothered… (and that picture was not the only hit)

Steve said:

Thanks

Make your own…

https://www.dallee.com/Grade-Crossing-Flasher-Controller-367

Greg Elmassian said:

Steve said:

Thanks

Giving someone a hard time for trying to help… hmmm… and also notice the lack of specifics here in the original post… sorry I bothered… (and that picture was not the only hit)

Not giving you a hard time Greg, just stating what I’m looking for and that there are none available, other than the Bachmann and German LGB. All my searches brings up O scale stuff, or HO.

Steve

We’ve come a long way since VCS. I would suggest that you/someone find a small servo and 3D print a utility cabinet to mount it in and an arm assembly to mount to it. They now have cheap servo controllers/testers and this would be a relatively easy project to persue.