Large Scale Central

Bachmann K27 - C19 PLUG N PLAY

I’m Looking for a sound, battery, R/C plug n play for a Bachmann k27 and c19. I have searched this site and others with no real straight answer. I want true plug n play.! I’m open for suggestions, Input, Who has done it with good results. What you used…etc.

Jason

Hi Jason, currently there are two system that meet your true PNP. AirWire and Revolution. Both systems can be inserted into the socket. Both systems need the Phoenix sound card added which drives up the cost. I have another system from RailPro with sound and using the Bachmann adapter which board will add true PnP. I have the proper battery for the C-19 or K27 to fit inside the tender.

Please contact me at [email protected] or my web site for more details. www.rcsofne.com

Don

Two other alternatives.

Phoenix has a plug and play motor and sound board. There is a jumper to allow either the K27 or other Spectrum locomotives chuff,

Zimo also has a plug an play motor and sound board. This board has more options but its chuff will not work with the K27 without some simple mods.

Hope that Helps

Stan

Thanks. And a question on the Phoenix PNP one… it’s dcc but how do you convert that to run on R/C battery ?

Jason, you choose the Air Wire transmitter and the Converter board 6.0 which needs to plug into the Phoenix via the DCC port. Connect the battery set up to the green screw terminals on the Bachmann main circuit board. FYI, only the RailPro or Revolution have a single board plug in solution. That means the control, radio and sound is in a single board. Saves you some money and space.

Don

Don, Thank you. Can you get me info on everything from the wireless transmitter, batteries, PNP boards for your stuff? I have one K27 and two C19’s. Later on down the road I’d like to get my Accucraft engines setup too but I know them are different. Can PM if you would like.

Thanks

Jason

Jason V. said:

Thanks. And a question on the Phoenix PNP one… it’s dcc but how do you convert that to run on R/C battery ?

You add an airwire radio receiver and batteries. Then you set the switch in the locomotive to Battery. Very simple. I believe that Richard Beverly just got a C-19 with this setup.

Stan

Will still have to invert the chuff signal on the K-27 I believe, but it’s relatively simple tweak as Stan said.

Greg

Hi Jason, it would be easier to message off line. Please contact me at my email. [email protected].

Thanks everyone for the advice. Now I’m starting to understand it.

Jason