Large Scale Central

Donations after vandals destroy RR model

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7049035/Well-wishers-raise-nearly-50-000-model-railway-club-smashed-yobs.html

Dam shame! Some people don’t care who they hurt. I don’t know if things are toughper over there then here. In the US they probably get community service, pay for damages. But the judge would probably limit the $ as “there only kids”. Thats what I got when three mindless morons trespassed and destroyed the fence surrounding my 2 acre property. Even had video from security camera. In Massachusetts “there just kids” is in full effect. Glad to hear Sir Rod brought some light to this and donated. He really is a passionate modeler and great human being.

These kids will no doubt do so many hours Community Servicea and earn much Kudos from their friends.

Man O man… Ugh!!! Heart wrenching!

Fergit “community service”, that’s just a cheap farcical facade of “justice”, there should be bones broken and blood spilled as retribution for this.

No broken bones, just take all the kids stuff and bust it all up.

Ooh, David I like your approach: an eye for an eye. I’d add full restitution and “pain and suffering” to the victims. They should be tried as adults and be individually financially responsible; mommy and daddy can’t bail them out.

This probably won’t be popular nor likely happen, but I would like to see the hooligans be required to work with the club members to rebuild what was destroyed. Let the club show them what’s involved, demonstrate their passion and expertise, and perhaps we all gain some new youngsters to the hobby.

Mark, I agree

Gregory, if only. The thing is, those punks would probably just stand there like “so what” and not care, nor care to understand. The punks probably haven’t created anything in their short little lives. If they had, then they wouldn’t have gone on that rampage.

Gregory Hile said:

This probably won’t be popular nor likely happen, but I would like to see the hooligans be required to work with the club members to rebuild what was destroyed. Let the club show them what’s involved, demonstrate their passion and expertise, and perhaps we all gain some new youngsters to the hobby.

Fat chance of that in the UK with the kids we have bred over the last 25 years…they appear to have no interest in anything except those brought up to be decent kids by parents who care.

We have to blame parents who ignore their kids and spend time enjoying themselves and allowing the kids do their own thing.( a prime example that of an 11 yr old being murdered at 2-30am …what was a child of that age being allowed out at night at that age for a start?)…

There have been over 200 deaths thro stabbings in the London area alone in the last couple of years…all by kids less than 21 yrs old…

Society has been leaning too far to mollycoddling the youth of today. Fortunately we have quite a large number of clubs with youngsters involved in the hobby (and other hobbies as well) so there might be some hope for the future!