(0 rates)
    • May 9, 2019 2:43 PM EDT
      • Belleville , Illinois act

• Thanks

Patterson Engine Carrier

• May 9, 2019 6:34 PM EDT
      • Shut Up Rooster

• Thanks

Be sure­ to visit ­my site, l­ots of tec­hnical tip­s and modi­fications,­ and you c­an search ­for topics­ and key w­ords.

­Click HERE for Greg­'s web sit­e
      PLEASE NOT­E: Please do NOT use private messaging, i­f you have­ a questio­n, feel fr­ee to emai­l me priva­tely, u­se regular­ email onl­y: greg@el­massian.co­m

• May 9, 2019 6:36 PM EDT
      • Vail, Az

• Thanks

Were there right and left hand models?

John

The older I get, the less I know, please don't make me prove it.

• May 9, 2019 7:42 PM EDT
      • Fort Wayne, Indiana

• Thanks

Looks like reversible hold style handle for right or left.

Jason

This post was edited by Jason V. at May 9, 2019 7:42 PM EDT
    • May 10, 2019 6:49 AM EDT

• Thanks

Greg, thanks for fixing the picture. What did I do wrong when I tried to insert the Picture? Initially I tried using my iMac, then switched to my HP Laptop. Jim.

• May 10, 2019 1:49 PM EDT
      • Shut Up Rooster

• Thanks

Jim I can't tell for the life of me, the link to the picture sure looked right. I copied the link, and deleted some bogus-looking characters. It seems that there is sometimes some black magic is necessary to get a picture from the freight sheds.

One piece of advice going forwards, which has served me well over the years, never put a space in a file name, use a dash or underscore between the words. I think this was the issue with this particular picture link.

Greg

Be sure­ to visit ­my site, l­ots of tec­hnical tip­s and modi­fications,­ and you c­an search ­for topics­ and key w­ords.

PLEASE NOT­E: Please do NOT use private messaging, i­f you have­ a questio­n, feel fr­ee to emai­l me priva­tely, u­se regular­ email onl­y: greg@el­massian.co­m

• May 10, 2019 2:16 PM EDT
      • Saint Johns, Florida

• Thanks

Jim (and Greg,)

This is a good url for the picture  https://largescalecentral.com/filesharing/file/view/12657/carrier1.jpg

This what you tried to insert    https://largescalecentral.com/largescalecentral.com/filesharing/file/view/12657/carrier1-jpg

Notice that largescalecentral.com is there twice and after carrier1 there is a dash(-) instead of a dot (.)

I have fixed a ton of pictures and videos on this site for fellow members. I haven't got a clue how you got two largescalecentral.com in there but I do know you opened the picture and copied the url in the address line of your browser.

You must right click ON THE PICTURE and copy the copy image location.

I sent you the instructions I have come up with in a PM last night. Follow them and all should work for you.

Shut up Rooster

• May 10, 2019 2:16 PM EDT
      • Saint Johns, Florida

• Thanks

Video Embedding

This topic has to be re-mastered every time the site owner makes an upgrade to the software. For this incarnation the procedure is...

1. Grab the embed code from the YouTube video (directly on the video) right click in OPERA (copy embed code); right click in FireFox (Copy embed code); right click in Chrome (get embed code);right click in IE (get embed code).
      2. In the reply window click on "insert/edit video" button in the top row (looks like a movie frame), and select "Embed".

3. Paste the embed code (copied from YouTube) in the box and click "OK".

That's what we all found works now. Some day down the road we will have to find a new way for new software, but for now this works. Have fun!

Photo inserting

1. Start by uploading your photos to a server. You have storage space in the Freight Shed on this web site.
      2. After they are uploaded, click on the file you want to open.
      3. Once it is opened, RIGHT click on the picture and select copy image location. DO NOT use the url in the address bar of your browser.
      4. Next click on the insert photo button in your post and paste the image location in the source line.
      5. Look at the dimensions. You will see them if you click on the first box (height). Make it 800 then click on the second box and it will automatically be correctly scaled.
      6. Then hit OK and your photo will be in your post.

This post was edited by Joe Zullo at May 10, 2019 4:53 PM EDT

Shut up Rooster

• May 10, 2019 2:36 PM EDT
      • Shut Up Rooster

• Thanks

Another tip, is I "test" the url by pasting it somewhere that I can clearly look at the url text and catch the issues that Joe points out.

I've done the view image and copy the url and still have gotten extra "junk" and had to manually edit it out.

Ahh, the fun of it all!

Greg

• May 10, 2019 2:38 PM EDT
      • Saint Johns, Florida

• Thanks

Greg,

I did not say "View Image". I said "Copy Image Location".

Shut up Rooster

• May 10, 2019 2:40 PM EDT
      • Shut Up Rooster

• Thanks

Yeah, I only attributed the first sentence to you.

The second sentence with view image is attributed to me, no implication you said that..

the point was normally when I do "view image" it should isolate the picture from any other frames, etc. but it does not always.. so when you copy the url from that point still can fail...

Greg

• May 10, 2019 2:42 PM EDT
      • Saint Johns, Florida

• Thanks

Yep.

Shut up Rooster

• May 10, 2019 3:10 PM EDT
      • Missouri, It's like Floodsburg, man

• Thanks

Okay, "Patterson Engine Carrier", I know what steam engines are, what diesel/gasoline engines are, what fireless engines are, what electric engines are, but what is a Patterson Engine?

I mean, logically, if an aircraft carrier carries aircraft, and a pathogen carrier carries pathogens, then a Patterson Engine Carrier carries Patterson engines, right.

This post was edited by Forrest Scott Wood at May 10, 2019 3:11 PM EDT
    • May 10, 2019 4:16 PM EDT
      • Burke, Virginia

• Thanks

Forrest Scott Wood said:

Okay, "Patterson Engine Carrier", I know what steam engines are, what diesel/gasoline engines are, what fireless engines are, what electric engines are, but what is a Patterson Engine?

I mean, logically, if an aircraft carrier carries aircraft, and a pathogen carrier carries pathogens, then a Patterson Engine Carrier carries Patterson engines, right.

Well, there's carriers...

and there's carriers...

This post was edited by Bruce Chandler at May 13, 2019 6:26 AM EDT

Bruce

http://jbrr.com/

• May 10, 2019 5:29 PM EDT
      • Fort Myers Beach & Annapolis, Florida & Maryland

• Thanks

and there's carriers...

Where the heck did you find that device?

Pete

• May 10, 2019 5:32 PM EDT
      • Burke, Virginia

• Thanks

Pete Thornton said:

and there's carriers...

Where the heck did you find that device?

Well, there's always Google (or DuckDuckGo)...but apparently neither carrier is actuall for sale! 

This post was edited by Bruce Chandler at May 10, 2019 5:32 PM EDT

Bruce

http://jbrr.com/

• May 10, 2019 7:22 PM EDT
      • Saint Helena, CALIFORNIA

• Thanks

Bruce:

Disappointed you can't buy them?   

• May 10, 2019 7:28 PM EDT

• Thanks

Joe Zullo said:

Video Embedding

This topic has to be re-mastered every time the site owner makes an upgrade to the software. For this incarnation the procedure is...

1. Grab the embed code from the YouTube video (directly on the video) right click in OPERA (copy embed code); right click in FireFox (Copy embed code); right click in Chrome (get embed code);right click in IE (get embed code).
      2. In the reply window click on "insert/edit video" button in the top row (looks like a movie frame), and select "Embed".

3. Paste the embed code (copied from YouTube) in the box and click "OK".

That's what we all found works now. Some day down the road we will have to find a new way for new software, but for now this works. Have fun!

Photo inserting

1. Start by uploading your photos to a server. You have storage space in the Freight Shed on this web site.
      2. After they are uploaded, click on the file you want to open.
      3. Once it is opened, RIGHT click on the picture and select copy image location. DO NOT use the url in the address bar of your browser.
      4. Next click on the insert photo button in your post and paste the image location in the source line.
      5. Look at the dimensions. You will see them if you click on the first box (height). Make it 800 then click on the second box and it will automatically be correctly scaled.
      6. Then hit OK and your photo will be in your post.

Joe, when I right click on the image, I don’t get the option to “copy image location“. OS is windows 10 

Forums General General Discussion

Icon Legend

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is enabled
    HTML  is enabled

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel

Ads by Google