Large Scale Central

Bachmann screw size

Anyone have any idea what size screw is used by Bachmann g scale to secure their tops to their cabs (white arrow)screw

Bill;

It might help if you told us which locomotive you are working on. Is it the Connie ?

If someone had the same locomotive, they might be able to remove the screw and match it to something in their junk box.

Trying to find what “Size” it is might be a problem, but at least if we had one in our hands; one never knows what is in their junk box.

Fred Mills

Fred Mills. said:

Bill;

It might help if you told us which locomotive you are working on. Is it the Connie ?

If someone had the same locomotive, they might be able to remove the screw and match it to something in their junk box.

Trying to find what “Size” it is might be a problem, but at least if we had one in our hands; one never knows what is in their junk box.

Fred Mills

The parts that I’m trying to join together is the cab, roof and coal bin from Bachmann’s 2-6-6-2 and I called Bachmann and they have no idea, and being as it is a discontinued idem they have nothing to compare it to, I tried to look up the part # on line from like a 2-8-0 but it is too small to read, but after closer looking as to the parts that I received I found 2 screws holding the cab back panel to the coal bin an will take one to the local bolt and nut store for comparison, thanks much for your help, Bill… I will post the size when I found out cause if you order 1 of Bachmann’s parts they come with the part and no screws, which is fine if you have the old part to compare, but if you look at their pars lists someone or some people are buying a lot of parts for replacement or kit bashing like me, the latter, Bill

Bill

I went to the Bachmann site for parts for the 2-6-6-2 where they list the parts diagram for the locomotive. On the parts diagram they list that screw as a #10489

Searching for this part number on their site finds the following scrrew for $.30

https://estore.bachmanntrains.com/index.php?main_page=advanced_search_result&search_in_description=1&keyword=10489

Hope that helps

Stan

Bill

I looked at my 2-6-6-2 it looks like one of the standard small screw part #-10159 not sure where stan found his number

wayne

I looked at the parts for the 2-6-6-2 and I agree with Stan.

Tom

Wayne Jardine said:

Bill

I looked at my 2-6-6-2 it looks like one of the standard small screw part #-10159 not sure where stan found his number

wayne

Wayne

You may be correct. I was looking at the parts diagram for the locomotive (see below). You are looking at the actual part. Since this screw is also listed as one for HO scale it also appears to be a small one but the Bachmann site does not list its actual size.

https://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/dwg/dwgs/82894.pdf

Stan

Stanley Ames said:

Wayne Jardine said:

Bill

wayne

Wayne

Thanks Wayne, don’t know how you were able to read that # but thanks, found a friend in town that has a Bachmann shay and they seem to have the same screw so he is going to take one out and see if we can match it at a bolt and nut store, and a lot of people have suggested this but my problem has been I bought parts from Bachmann that needed screws but myself I don’t own and G scale Bachmann hence couldn’t take one out to match, thanks for your input, Bill

You may be correct. I was looking at the parts diagram for the locomotive (see below). You are looking at the actual part. Since this screw is also listed as one for HO scale it also appears to be a small one but the Bachmann site does not list its actual size.

https://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/dwg/dwgs/82894.pdf

Stan

There are four screws clearly shown in the drawing 82894.PDF (2 in front corner - 2 in back corner) holding the cab roof on.

They are marked 10489.

Tom