Large Scale Central

Whadahellizit

Whadahellizit. A new engine I swore I would never build.

Those with long, and I mean looooong memories, will remember I once built several Mack variants called Whadahellizit. Well against my better judgement I bid on and won a “G scale” yeah right, Disney Mickey train set, which despite being advertised as G I was 90% sure wasn’t, and it wasnt, it was O-ish. Not only that it on arrival was the crappiest piece of crap train set I have ever seen. Feast your eyes upon this cheesyness:

Had it been G I would have relished the chance to turn stinky Limburger into a nice Camembert, but it wasn’t to be, so it just sat there for months and I kept swearing I was going to toss the whole lot as it so awful. When the Miks Challenge came this was one of my considered projects, to try and turn this foul pigs ear into a nice silk purse of a gypsy engine. Post Miks, I got bored one weekend and started cutting. I cut the pigs ear up, the tender and tossed the rest, it was beyond salvage IMO. I decided to use a Mack drive brick under and started building, the gypsy critter being the result. I still need to add some bolt heads, and some piping but overall its a nice addition to the Whadahellizit lineup. It would be painted, but when I went to Burbank House of Hobbies to get some Tamiya acrylics, they were out. Guy said “prop 65” was delaying the delivery as they had to re-label all there product line to inform me that use of such paints might cause my head to explode or some other nonsense.

Just realized the picture makes it look like the glue bottle is driving the engine.

Probably the fumes power the engine…

I am betting the original set was not a licensed product.

No matter, your new engine is fantastic. I look forward to seeing it painted or if not then a video of your head exploding would be equally entertaining.

I knew we shouldn’t have left you alone by your self!, looks like fun

Fun! Kid-zilla just asked for it…

I love it. I can see my husband shaking his head and thinking “Not another one?”

Sophie B

Dismal Creek Railroad

you will make a silk purse.

Couple new pics, trying to add siderods to a Mack brick, using styrene and epoxy the side rods are also styrene with one slot elongated to compensate for any irregularities. So far so good

Now that is far more serious than I expected

I have another body if you want to start a fleet.(https://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-smile.gif)