Large Scale Central

Bart Salmons

Bart has not been seen on the Chat, for a while now…

Has anyone heard from him ? I hope he is just busy, and his health is holding out.

Fred Mills

He’s had his ups and downs healthwise, but he’s into the Ghostbusters stuff nowadays. He also has a new girl friend. I see him on faceBook all the time.

I don’t see him much on Facebook either but I think I saw something last week.

He’s alive…but, it’s strange…

Fred Mills. said:

Has anyone heard from him ? I hope he is just busy, and his health is holding out.

Fred Mills

He has been in chat but you don’t chat in chat only sit there and wait for folks to chat and when they do chat it’s not what you want to discuss only bitch about?

Chat history is polluted with historical facts/finds and builds however it doesn’t interest you so you don’t chat only correct spelin?

I love that:

I like 1,2,3,5, but when I get on, it seems to be everything but those, and with me being “time zone challenged” I’m not there much.

Maybe there could be nights about trains, or Hollywood or Rooster sharing about how they do stuff…

So I do have a question, can certain members reset the chat server? I seems that Mr. Ghostbusters can…

Greg

Apparently chat is only for the diehard fans…or something. It’s hard to tell if everyone just left or they just don’t want to bother typing…(https://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-foot-in-mouth.gif)

you can see who has hit the “chat” button, even if they don’t type anything, I see Bart’s name all the time but he rarely typed anything.

also wondering how the “chat topic” is set on the screen… I know it has nothing to do with the actual topics being discussed…

Greg

Greg,

I too have stopped by the chat room as a west coaster and found it either empty or everyone is heading out just as I came in. Oh well, more time for modeling.

Fred Mills. said:

Fred Mills

Wait…I saw on the internet that Bart has passed gas???

/t is the secret code to prefix when setting the topic in chat.

Bart has wandered off on different paths in the past, I seem to remember an extremely large scale RC tank model he started at one point. If he has found nirvana in his Ghost Busters hobby which includes raising money for charities then more power to him. While I miss his banter, stories and train projects, I wish him only the best in what ever endeavors he chooses in the future !

Greg Elmassian said:

I love that:

I like 1,2,3,5, but when I get on, it seems to be everything but those, and with me being “time zone challenged” I’m not there much.

Maybe there could be nights about trains, or Hollywood or Rooster sharing about how they do stuff…

So I do have a question, can certain members reset the chat server? I seems that Mr. Ghostbusters can…

Greg

Well Greg I played out all four of your, you’re selections tonight in chat to no avail ?

Note: I actually turned up on chat, and before I could post, 4 people left.

We need more people in my timezone.

Greg

Greg Elmassian said:

Note: I actually turned up on chat, and before I could post, 4 people left.

We need more people in my timezone.

Greg

Re read it twice and think about that ?

Rooster plugs a quarter into the jukebox and plays: The Best of Miles Davis

Greg; Several of us, not that many years ago, tried to promote a West Coast/ western presence on the chat, to no avail. Just because most Easterners seem to leave anytime after 20:00 doesn’t stop westerners from carrying on as long as they care to. The Chat never closes its doors.

If more westerners showed up anytime after 19:00, possibly some easterners would stay around longer. Some of us are not limited by some unwritten curfew, to have to leave at any given time. My mother, long ago stopped enforcing my bedtime, and being retired I’m pretty much free to chat, as long as I care to, if the actual “Chat” is constructive, friendly, and fun, without crude language and innuendo.

You might consider trying to rally the slowly diminishing wester large scalers, to start sharing thoughts and ideas here on the LSC Chat. Where else can they find a chat that is well established, and open for easy use ? They can even lock the bheer fridge, if booze is not allowed in their social life…!!

You might even get Dave Goodson to make a few rare appearances, to promote finding truth, where speculation often rules, and then there is young Wilson, and several Mikes and a Dan or three, to join in. Some of us easterners would enjoy hearing what is going on out there, directly from the movers and shakers of LS in the West…

Fred Mills

Fred, maybe I can do.

Rooster, if you are implying that 4 people left just because I logged into chat, say so, since they are your friends, you would know.

Greg

Been doing so much other stuff the last two years I plum forgot about the chat room. Maybe need to get back into the train mode again. Later RJD

Greg Elmassian said:

Fred, maybe I can do.

Rooster, if you are implying that 4 people left just because I logged into chat, say so, since they are your friends, you would know.

Greg

What is this chat room of which you people speak of?

Don’t worry I think I found it

Crickets!!! because I am on the opposite of the planet and it is late afternoon here and you guys are still tucked up in bed