Forums Power and Sound Power and Sound DCC
  • Topic: "Keep alive" for Tsunami decoders

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • October 27, 2018 2:24 AM EDT
      • Be Nice

• Thanks

"Keep alive" for Tsunami decoders

Well, I have the Bachmann motor and sound decoder for the Thomas family.

It looks very similar to the Tsunami LS decoder (and it is clearly made by Soundtraxx)

It's in an Emily which has lousy power pickup, and on this decoder, if there is a temporary power interruption, the loco stops, and you have to throttle down to 0 to get it to run again, even when power is restored.

Side by side pictures show where the Soundtraxx "current keeper" connects to the Tsunami, and it appears to be just after the 4 diodes that rectify track power, but I cannot be sure.

Has anyone experience with the Tsunami itself? Also would like to know if the "current keeper" is a cap bank and a resistor, or also has the diode.

Also, looks like I will have to use more caps, since I need to make this work on 24 volts.. but the LS one uses the same current keeper..

Greg

Be sure­ to visit ­my site, l­ots of tec­hnical tip­s and modi­fications,­ and you c­an search ­for topics­ and key w­ords.

­Click HERE for Greg­'s web sit­e
      PLEASE NOT­E: Please do NOT use private messaging, i­f you have­ a questio­n, feel fr­ee to emai­l me priva­tely, u­se regular­ email onl­y: greg@el­massian.co­m

Forums Power and Sound Power and Sound DCC

Icon Legend

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is enabled
    HTML  is enabled

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel

Ads by Google