Large Scale Central

October? October!

Took this this morning about 7:00. There was about 2" of snow last night. It was all gone by noon, but it’s a warning that winter is on its way.

Thanks. I just discovered that my furnace won’t light.

Dan

Me too. me too…except it was more ice than snow this morning. Still haven’t broke 32 degrees today.

Can you believe Saturday I was wearing shorts, drinking a beer and running the smoker full of brisket…

The air conditioning was going full blast when I got into the car at home… but it did get cold last night, almost below 60 degrees… brrrr…

We don’t have earthquakes, Gregg, so there’s that…

Snow, Ice. What is that?

Gee it was only 20C (70F ) up here on the west coast

I love the earthquakes jab… never lost anything or anyone in an earthquake… know anyone who has had tornado or flood or hail damage? Hah… I’ll keep my earthquakes, it’s a much better trade.

Greg

Greg,

Dutch door from the breakfast room open…nice warm breeze tonight at 9:30 :slight_smile: Might have to go swimming tonight. Not too shabby for mid-October. Having a new bathroom remodeled in the mountain cabin and 60 degrees all day long. AND that’s at 6500 feet! :slight_smile:

New England is great. In the winter you can take your car out for a SPIN!!!

Greg Elmassian said:

The air conditioning was going full blast when I got into the car at home… but it did get cold last night, almost below 60 degrees… brrrr…

When I left California I was sad to leave the 70 degree year-round temperatures (though I missed white Christmases during my time there). However, I will pick my small, friendly midwestern town with snowy winters over the 5 million nitwits on the freeway every time.

Dan Hall said: However, I will pick my small, friendly midwestern town with snowy winters over the 5 million nitwits on the freeway every time.

There is something to be said for that. Though there are a couple drawbacks, I have come to prefer this county seat farm burg with its grand total of 5 traffic lights to either the Kansas City metro area or the Norfolk & Virginia Beach area where I lived prior to KC.

Weather has been interesting here the last week or so, 27-28 with frost at 6 AM and 80-82 by 2 in the afternoon.

Wind came up pretty good Sunday and our perpetual forest fire jumped the lines and burnt another 5K acres and

forced the evac. of yet another small town.

Tony Walsham said:

Snow, Ice. What is that?

What he said. Never seen snow - far too cold for me

Yep Dan, that is what my place looked like too…just without the trains. Did you go out and plow it?

Chris Kieffer said:

Yep Dan, that is what my place looked like too…just without the trains. Did you go out and plow it?

No, because it was mostly gone by noon. And my homemade plow is… unreliable :slight_smile: