Large Scale Central

LGB refrigerated car hatch locks

Does any one have any idea where to purchase LGB refrigerated car hatch locks, and not TrainLi or EBay, Bill

There are a couple of guys who do printing for parts, see:

https://www.largescalecentral.com/forums/topic/28719/new-link-and-pin-coupler-for-asm-cars/view/post_id/373142

Landrel may be able to help you, or there is another fellow, whose name escapes me, but has been doing parts…

Will the USA ones work?

David Maynard said:

Will the USA ones work? Don’t know have to find me a car and compair

GLX Scale models…Gilbert would probably try making them if you send him a sample to work with… www.glxscalemodels.com

Fred Mills

Or if you contact him; he can get one from me…

Fred, LGB is still in business, so I dunno if Gilbert would or not.

Since the manufacturing in this hobby tends to be a but incestuous, many time parts are the same, or similar enough, between manufacturers to be used or adapted. I bought a set of reefer hinges from USA, to replace the missing reefer hinges on an Aristo woodside reefer I had, and they were a drop in replacement.

I agree, Dave;

But; if LGB is not providing the replacement part, then if approached, Gilbert could make the part, on a one off situation, between him and the person requesting the job. Gilbert or anyone else, does not need to advertise that he is in business selling replacement LGB parts, which he is not.

Fred Mills