Large Scale Central

Redwood Creek & Tallulah Ridge RR Make-over

Our little Redwood Creek & Tallulah Ridge RR has really seen some major improvements and makeovers this past summer. It all started with the installation of a major water feature about a year ago. The feature is now about 95% complete with some rock work still needing to be done. But it is running and the mainline has been replaced. The town of Little Paddocks has also been added. All the hard work came to a high point when our pike hosted the 2018 business meeting of the San Joaquin Valley Garden Railway Society in the middle of September. Now additional detail work, plants, and other interesting items are being readied for an official opening day the first weekend in December. Of course the theme will be of the holidays and the railroad will be decked from end to end with a Christmas themed overlay.

I will post pictures as soon as I figure out why all of them post lying on their side.

Thanks,

Richard

Richard is there a website for your club?

Here are some pictures from the rebuild this summer and culminating with our club meeting in September. Current projects are to complete the “wooden” sidewalks on the pvc foam board bases and add lighting. References to characters, building and location names are inspired by my wife’s book “The Tie That Binds: The Story of the Redwood Creek and Tallulah Ridge Railroad”.

Richard

Laying the new mainline in front of the future station at Little Paddocks

The mountain and tunnel with the waterfall on top…

Many long nights during the hot summer months in the Central Valley California…

Early placement of buildings on the site of the future town of Little Paddocks

The town of Little Paddocks coming together quite nicely.

Homestead of town founders Lawrence and Debra Bell

Passenger service finally arrives at the station at Little Paddocks. Hmmm…looks like we had a little visitor.

Visitors are encouraged to set a spell Griff’s Grub and Gazette for a cold Sarsaparilla and listen to some good old honky tonk piano.

Prior to the rebuild of Little Paddocks station the committee led by Lawrence Bell discussed possibly rebuilding the original damaged station after the explosion.

Damage from the blast was extensive…the building could not be saved…so the committee approved the building of a completely new one.

Lawrence Bell - Town Founder…

Early imagineering shows the original mainline on concrete roadbed and the new expansion of the garden bed an additional 4 feet out.

Original Mainline before blasting occurred for it’s removal…this is the current site of the Bell’s homestead.

Early excavation of the site to be the town of Little Paddocks…soil came from the area just in front which is now artificial turf…we re-purpose everything…

Mr. Bear looking for a little morning breakfast in Redwood Creek.

The ladder system has replaced most of the concrete roadbed…easy to install and extremely strong when tied together.

Pete Lassen said:

Richard is there a website for your club?

There is no official website, however there is a Facebook page you can “like”… San Joaquin Valley Garden Railway Society. If you haven’t done so already you can like my own FB page Redwood Creek and Tallulah Ridge Railroad. I need to update my page because I’ve been posting most of my pics to my personal FB pagel

Thanks,

Richard

Ok thanks will do that.