Large Scale Central

Little Brown Church

solar panel

windows

“Little Brown Church” with stained glass windows

Purchased a broken Piko country church, missing cross, bell tower had broken steeple supports, no front door and all the walls were unattached, window glazing broken, or missing, and most of the muttons in the windows were either broken or missing. After giving all the parts a good cleaning I removed the old glue of which there was a bunch, some soft types like silicon, some hard like plastic glue. The soft stuff was no problem but the harder type was a bit of a challenge. Found that dabbing the old hard glue with acetone it would soften the glue and if I didn’t use too much it would not hurt the piece. Being as so many of the muttons were bad I found prints of stained glass windows on eBaychurch from “davesattic”, Carol there was very helpful and she can make them any size you want. Then ones I picked turned out not to be colorful enough so I added my own with permanent markers. Church is lit with solar powered LED’s, added second led to circuit which dims it slightly but increases burn time by 25%, it shines in the foyer. Lettering was with cameo silhouette. If you want to make your own stained glass windows Tom Trigg explained how on GRW forum under " stained glass windows"church with crossLED