Large Scale Central

FEBT Annual Reunion

This past weekend was the annual FEBT reunion. This year things were a bit different with most of the activity taking place in the Bricktown Model Railroaders news building. (the former E.A. Beaver building) They recently acquired the building and have been had at work renovating the inside to make a good home for their new Layout. This will be a combination HO and HOn3 Railroad that depicts the EBT and the Pennsy showcasing their interchange. Fortunately for the FEBT the layout has not been started yet so the empty building made a perfect place to host this years event.

There were numerous clinics and presentations on area industry and railroads. There were also walking tours of the old brick plant and Mount Union yard with the opertunity to get in the Mount Union engine house, a rare treat. Sunday included walking tours of Robertsdale and Rockhill with speeder rides. There was also a Hon3 modules set up, and two On3 setups, and a nice circle of F scale which is why I thought I should post this. The insurance prohibited us from running live steam in the building so we had to make do with one of Rich Yoders beautiful electric locos.

FEBT F Scale

We had limited track to use this year so it was a bit more basic this year. Just a circle with a siding on both sides.

FEBT F Scale

FEBT F Scale

In this picture you can see one of the On3 layouts to the right, and if you look closer you will see Mik standing by the freight house taking it all in. Turned out to be quite a fantastic weekend!

Jan and I use to attend theses in the late 1998-2002. Great fun! Ahh, too much to do, too little time.

Some more fun stuff from Rockhill...

You're right Ric, So much to do so little time....

Now I have to say I never expected that horn to sound like a cow in the pasture. (https://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-cool.gif)

I think that was a cow they ran over…(https://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-wink.gif)

I had planned on going this year but by the time I found out that they changed the date I had already made other plans. Maybe next year !

Yeah, the first time I heard M3’s horn I was a bit surprised, but since then it’s kind of grown on me. Like everything else at the EBT, it’s unique.

Yes Gary, sorry about the date change and the some what short notice that came with it. FEBT leadership has had a busy year. There’s been several things that needed considering including the retiring of our outstanding former president Lee Rainey. This meant a lot of reorganization of leadership along with added work for the board. There seemed to be a lot of competition for the normal date this year and the Bricktown group would not have been able to host us on the normal weekend so thus the decision. This was Andy’s last year for running the event now that he is president. I have actually taken on the roll of organizing the reunion hence forward and I promise I’ll try and nail down the major details and give advance notice to all. Seems life just keeps getting busier for us all and you really have to plan things these days. (https://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-foot-in-mouth.gif)

Hey Randy, no photos from the Mount Union engine house visit?

Here are a few. It was hard to get good ones with there being so many people wanting to be in there at the same time. You couldn’t exactly try different angles for lighting and such if you were trying to avoid having people in your shot.

BTW, we missed you there this year.

Mount Union Engine House

Mount Union Engine House

Mount Union Engine House

Mount Union Engine House

BTW, we missed you there this year.

Well, as I didn’t find out about it until a couple of days before it happened, when I already had other plans. . .

Thanks for the pics. That must be the only “preserved” steam loco in storage with a decent roof over its head!