Large Scale Central

Scale of Piko Wood Combine

I’ve been unsuccessful in finding the approximate scale of the Piko (14-1/2") Wood Combine.

I’m planning on using it as a basis for a rail car diner. I like it because it’s short, but I want to be certain that the door and roof heights don’t look too out of place with the number of other Piko buildings that it will be near.

Thanks for any help that you can provide.

Most of the Piko line is 1:32. So I would guess so is the car in question.

Thanks for the response David.

The source of my confusion is based upon other queries and the answers received such as the Piko Scale ? and G Gauge or G Scale? threads on the mylargescale.com site from a few years ago. A Piko item’s scale appears to be partially dependant on its “history” of whose mold they are using.

I’m hoping the Combine is considered a “wood-sided passenger car” and thus 1:22.5 scale.

Measure the height of the door at the end. A narrow gauge caboose has a door only 6’ tall or less.

Thanks Pete.

The issue that I am having is that I don’t have ready access to this car so I am unable to perform the measurement. I’m hoping that someone will respond that can either perform that measurement or knows the actual scale of thePiko Combine.

I contacted PIKO America and received the following reply -

Although shorter in length, our cars match up exactly in height and width dimensions with the classic LGB wood passenger cars.

Since I’m going to chop it up I’ll starting searching the shows and web for an appropriately cheap used one.