Large Scale Central

Getting Started on The CC&R Inner Loop

Now that I’m back from my family reunion in Chama, NM, I have turned my attention back to the garden railroad. No, I’m not outside working on the layout quite yet; I still get tired very easily. But I have been spending a few hours each day out in the workshop assembling flex-track sections. Here are 72 completed 6-foot sections for 432 actual feet of track. These will make a good start on the inner loop which represents my CC&R branch line.

I get the 1:20.3 narrow gauge tie strips from Llagas Creek and the painted code 215 aluminum rail from Switchcrafters. I ran out of tie strips after the 72 sections but still have more than 400 feet of rail left over. I guess I’ll need to get another order out to Brian for more tie strips. I will need to reserve some of the rail to build turnouts. Speaking of turnouts, here are 35 cast white bronze frogs from Llagas Creek for inner loop turnouts.

Top row is #10 and #8. Bottom row is #6, #5, and #4. As soon as I get another order of composite switch ties from Switchcrafters I’ll get started on building the turnouts. Doing things like this in the workshop allows me to get back into the hobby gradually while waiting for my physical strength and stamina to return.

Bob

Good to see you back at it Bob, even if it is a limited capacity.

Glad to hear the recovery is still progressing… Rail looks great… (http://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-cool.gif)

Yay Bob!