Large Scale Central

Misc ramblings

Just wanted to yap a bit about goings on. I’ve been incredibly busy and haven’t had much time to devote to the site, or to my RR. It should be ready for TrainOps this year.

The GDPR regulation in the EU is going into effect on May 25th. We should be ok here, we don’t collect much personal information, and you have total control over it. That said, no website owner I’ve talked to really knows if they are 100% in compliance.

We’ve been getting a ton of spam signups and obvious (and not so obvious) fake accounts. I’m trying to keep track of them, but if you see one, DONT reply in the thread, just report it to me, and I’ll kill the account and delete the thread.

On the subject of signups, we have an increasing number of members who sign up but never complete the process. They don’t bother clicking on the email that is sent, or their spam filters eat it, or something. If you know of someone that has tried to sign up and hasn’t received their email, have them contact me directly.

And lastly, a reminder to be nice. I’ve repeated this enough times both publicly and in private emails, that I don’t need to go into details.

I have faith that everyone will behave Bob!

hopefully everyone will leave the website alone!

I would think the last thing you need, with your new job and all, is a bombardment of fake accounts and spam and incomplete sign-ups. I would hope the least we can all do is show our appreciation by keeping our discussions civil so as not to add to your work.