Large Scale Central

Garden Metal Models Returns

Hello All,

I have reactivated the Garden Metal Models line of highly detailed G Scale Bridges with the introduction of a Concrete Viaduct. This project was originally begun in 2007, but was abruptly dropped when the factory in China changed hands. You can read the details on the news page at www.gardenmetalmodels.com . The Viaduct was originally going to be injection molded, with the tooling cost being in excess of $18k. I have changed the method of fabrication that now affords the options of some degree of custom work. This will allow variations such as going from a single track to double or more; varying heights of legs; curved versions; and even different styles.

An unexpected variation cropped up and I decided to give it a shot…O Scale Viaducts with the same options as its G Scale parent! If there is as good as reception to our past products I will continue to introduce high quality, low cost choices for what ever gap you have on your layout that needs to be gotten across.

Did I mention that ALL NEW ITEMS ARE NOW MANUFACTURED IN THE USA? Well it’s true. I will never ever give another Chinese factory a chance to try to shut me down.

Below is a pic of our booth at this past weekend’s Great Scale Train Show in Timonium, MD. It was great fun being back out talking with people and showing off new stuff. Below is a pic of our booth.

Regards,

Steven Gugel

Owner, Garden Metal Models

Sykesville, MD

410-875-7911

Congratulations, happy to see you back at it. Will you be at the ECLSTS in March?

Hot Damn! Glad to see you back.

Glad to hear that. Do you still make the metal girder bridges?

Hi John,

The stamping and forming dies were stolen for the steel Deck Girder Bridges, Catwalks, and Piers, so it will take some doing and piles of cash to have them re-made. I’m not saying never, but not any time soon.

And, to answer your question Nico: I am trying to arrange a spot at the York ECLSTS but do not yet have confirmation. I will attend one way or another, just not sure which side of the aisle yet. Hope to see you there.

Regards,

Steve

Park out front and set up by the front door …(https://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-wink.gif)

Glade to see you back. Later RJD

Wonderful, Steven… So glad to see you back… (http://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-cool.gif)(http://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-laughing.gif)(http://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-laughing.gif)(http://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-laughing.gif)

Welcome back, I’ll be ‘back’ to your site and ordering!

Also, “Wecome Home to the USA”!

Steven Gugel said:

Hello All,

I have reactivated the Garden Metal Models line of highly detailed G Scale Bridges with the introduction of a Concrete Viaduct. This project was originally begun in 2007, but was abruptly dropped when the factory in China changed hands. You can read the details on the news page at www.gardenmetalmodels.com . The Viaduct was originally going to be injection molded, with the tooling cost being in excess of $18k. I have changed the method of fabrication that now affords the options of some degree of custom work. This will allow variations such as going from a single track to double or more; varying heights of legs; curved versions; and even different styles.

An unexpected variation cropped up and I decided to give it a shot…O Scale Viaducts with the same options as its G Scale parent! If there is as good as reception to our past products I will continue to introduce high quality, low cost choices for what ever gap you have on your layout that needs to be gotten across.

Did I mention that ALL NEW ITEMS ARE NOW MANUFACTURED IN THE USA? Well it’s true. I will never ever give another Chinese factory a chance to try to shut me down.

Below is a pic of our booth at this past weekend’s Great Scale Train Show in Timonium, MD. It was great fun being back out talking with people and showing off new stuff. Below is a pic of our booth.

Regards,

Steven Gugel

Owner, Garden Metal Models

Sykesville, MD

410-875-7911

Pretty cool, but when I click on your link I get

Page Not Found

The page you have attempted to access could not be found.

Anyway…welcome back. I have quite a few of your bridges and they have held up well over the years.

Ah, found the picture on your web page

Glad to hear that you’re coming back!

Good to see you back. Sorry to hear the girder bridge tooling was stolen. I’m assuming the Chinese factory says they lost them or something similar. Hope you can recover that line some day. It was always a little out of my price range, but awesome.

• BREAKING NEWS - 2018 ECLSTS *

Garden Metal Models will be at the 2018 East Coast Large Scale Train Show in York, PA on March 30th & 31st 2018.
We are looking forward to meeting, greeting, and thanking all attendees.
The new Concrete Viaducts will be there in both G and O Scales.
Please stop by our booth and tell us what new products you would like to see developed, or to discuss how your particular needs can be met. Our new manufacturing method allows for customized work without the expensive tooling usually required.