Large Scale Central

Airwire Loco Address

I’m looking at an Airwire G7 dropin receiver that has quit responding.

The green led comes on. On the daughter board, there is a green led on, and a red one turns on if I set an airwire transmitter to its frequency. I can use jump mode to get it to work at frequency zero as well, but there are no 5 beeps after a minute. Can’t get the loco to respond to what I think is its address.

Is there a way to reset an unknown address? Under reset the address, my Airwire manual tells how to set use jump mode to set the frequency again.

Tom,

With the transmitter off turn on the loco and let it set for at least one minute. The decoder will temporarily set to frequency 0 and address 3. Turn on your transmitter and set to frequency 0 and address 3. You should now be able to set the decoder address and frequency to what you want. Use service program mode. Set the address first,then frequency. CV1 for address and CV58 for frequency. Then don’t forget to change the transmitter frequency to whatever you set in the decoder. You should then be able to address and run the loco.

Oh. So Jump Mode sets address 3 as well.

Factory defaults.

So Paul just to understand,

turning system on without transmitter on (after 1 minute), temporarily sets freq 0 address 3, and then upon “hearing” address 3, then address 3 is set permanently?

Thanks, Greg

Greg,

If you turn on a loco and there is not a transmitter turned on within one minute that is on that decoders FREQUENCY it will beep and set the decoder to Frequency 0 and address 3. Only the frequency matters. It doesn’t actually reset the decoder, only a temporary setting. If you turn it off and then back on it will still come up on whatever was set in it. I think they did this so there would always be a way to talk to the decoder. For instance, if i purchased a used G3 decoder or drop-in and didn’t know what the frequency and address were set to I could use the procedure I described to Tom to set it up with whatever frequency and address I want. Make sense?