Large Scale Central

Mystery Board

This board was in the cab of a Hartland Line Car I picked up in a small collection purchase. Can anyone possibly identify this board?

It appears to have a number of driver transistors and a small microprocessor… it may be an old function decoder, like multiple lights, etc.

what’s on the other side?

Are there any numbers on it that could be a model number? Looks european, with the funny colors, the plug might be the input to the decoder, dunno.

Greg

Hey BobCo

That is a Digitrax board. DG583S would be my guess.

Thanks Boomer, now to find a home for it. Any one interested? PM me an address…

goo call, the other side should have the 12 pins for the aristo socket… looks like someone removed the heat sink that covers the output transistors. not good.

Grg

Greg, what you see is what you get. There are no pins or socket on the other side of the board. There is a row of through holes on the left side that I assumed were for another connection, but to what I have no clue.

No takers on the free offer by the end of the weekend, it will go into my recycle box. I have a grand daughter that recycles electronics, and apparently gets a fair dollar for them.

I’ll bet the row of pins were removed, but are there 12 holes in that row? It looks like 10.

There’s no pins under the screw terminals? Hmm… but from the picture it is most certainly the model Boomer identified.

It was a poor quality DCC decoder, the first to work in the Aristo Socket, sensitive to load, G scale voltage levels, brief interruptions.

I’d junk it…