Large Scale Central

Changing out 2nd set of lights.

Having done the observation car, I turned my attention to the coach this morning…

First, I took the bottom off the car…

Followed by removing the 9-volt battery box, and the wiring for the current lights…

These are the lights I’m using, purchased from the local craft store, already wird to a battery box for 3 AA batteries…

I attached the battery box where the old box came off using two-part epoxy…

The wired LEDs get run through a hole in the bottom of the car. The hole gets sealed with clear silicone sealant.

I ran the LED string back and forth along the rib for the old lights 3 times. The extra wire and LEDs get cut off. The lights get held in place with tape until the silicone I used to hold it in place dried.

Exterior of car after new battery box is painted, and the car is reassembled with the wire routed where I wanted it.

Car lit up with new lights…

Now I have the combine and baggage car to do.

ok, there are craft stores in Yarnell?? LoL. Looks god Daniel, cool idea. is it a chain store or a little mom &Pop?

Went to Michael’s Crafts in Prescott. That’s local to us.

Ok, all four cars are done. How do they look?

Daniel, they look good. Now, as my 5 yr old granddaughter has asked me, where are the people? May have to be your next step as mine.(http://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-smile.gif)