Large Scale Central

Up Scaled Annie

Attached are some photos of the latest project, up scaling a Bachmann Annie from 1:22.5 to 1:20.3. Again it’s a freelance model so the rivit counters can say what they will. Started with a Bachmann 4-6-0 Annie that was in bad shape when purchased on the net. Replaced the pilot and Cab with ones from a Bachmann Connie along with the tender. Rear of Boiler was cut down by 1 3/4" and back head moved forward. All Bachmann piping was removed and replaced with close to accurate representations of steam, air and electric systems using brass rod, tube, and Trackside Details and Ozark Miniatures detailing items. Head light was mover to front of smoke box with added shade and bell was moved to its old location, new generator relocated between sand and steam domes, turned down the flanges on the lead truck wheels and added a third set of brake shoes, full cab and back head details were added along with cab light and fire box flicker LEDs, and working Johnson Bar. As the Connie tender was substnacially lower than than the Annie’s rear deck I had to raise the tender bolsters about 1/2" and to keep the squaty look, lowered the side frames 1/2". Made a new tender end sill from wood and tin embossed with rivet detail and new draw bar and coupling to connect engine and tender. Kadee Couplers front and rear. USA Trains smoke fan smoke unit added to boiler along with 1 1/2" speaker and voltage regulator for cab and fire box LEDs. A Phoenix Sound unit with 3" speaker, and voltage regulators for head and tender lights along with control for smoke unit and custom interconnection board were added to tender with two 7 pin connectors making connections between loco and tender. Painted with Scale Coat ll Engine Black Matt.

Sounds cool, but I’m not seeing any pictures.

Me neither.

Looks and sounds great Joe…

I think?

Adam

Please try and post the pictures. This has been a back burner project for a long time in my shop. I’ve been hanging on to two Annies for years that I never run for similar treatment. If you need help with the pictures, just ask.

Sorry about the first post with no photos I exited out of the posting because the photos I had on file were not too great and wanted to retake them, and I didn’t know the description went to post

No problem Joe. Looking forward to your photos and details when you can get to it.

Thanks Joe - That is really pretty. Great job!

Hey, that came together nicely. Headlight looks good there.

That is some great work! It really gives it a nice look! Now you got me to thinking about my Annie (http://largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-cool.gif)

Very impressive, Joe. Love to see it in person, sometime!