Large Scale Central

Not Trains, but very silly

I almost fell off my chair this morning when I called Bank of America and ended up talking to a machine. After various menu choices, I decided I wasn’t getting what I wanted from the voice response system so I said “agent” and the machine replied:

“Let’s see if there’s anyone who can help us.”

Us? The mind boggles . . .

Machines are taking over the world! Beware! (http://largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-surprised.gif)

I hate those new answering machines, the prompts almost never get you to where you want to go, or speak to. I always ask for “representative”

I hate talking to machines.

Once I called the phone company for static on the phone line, the machine couldn’t understand me. Now a real person would figure out that the line needed repaired. The machine, just “suspended” the phone call. I called back from my neighbor’s house, told the machine my case number, and completed the placing of the service call. If I had not done that, my phone line probably would not have been fixed, because the machine couldn’t hear me through all the static. So much for the intelligence part of artificial intelligence.