Large Scale Central

Log train

Still having problems posting vids.

Hers a vid of my heavy skeletons out for the first time on a friends railroad.

https://youtu.be/YOBM6tlqLZ8

Great looking consist John,

John,

Are you using the EMBED option?

Grab the embed code from the YouTube video (directly on the video): right click in OPERA (copy embed code); right click in FireFox (Copy embed code); right click in Chrome (get embed code);right click in IE (get embed code).
In the reply window click on “insert/edit video” button in the top row (looks like a movie frame), and select “Embed”.
Paste the embed code (copied from YouTube) in the box and click “OK”.

Joe, I’m using Safari on a Mac. Followed your instructions to a T and it is a '“no go”.

John,

See if this works for a MAC.

• Open the YouTube video in Safari.
  • Below the video click on the Share
  • Click on Embed
  • The embed code will appear
  • Copy it using your Command+C keys
  • Go back to your LSC post and click on Edit/Embed Video
  • Click on Embed
  • Paste the embed code in the box using your Command+V keys

Command+C Copy the selected item to the Clipboard.
Command+V Paste the contents of the Clipboard into the current document or app.

https://youtu.be/YOBM6tlqLZ8

That is a fine looking train John.

Hey John, that’s a great looking train. Are those cars handmade by yourself? If so, would you be willing to share how you built them?
Thank you sir,
Matt

Matt,

Yes, I built them. The trucks are Accucraft trucks. Couplers are a combination of Ozark and Wiseman. Wood is basswood, with brass strips and other bits of hardware. I didn’t take any pics during the build.

I started out with red paint, but switched to MOW gray to be different.

Those are pretty slick, is there a specific spot that you get your hardware? Is most of it cosmetic aside from the pins holding the straps in?

Mostly cosmetic. The pins do attach the brass. The coupler pocket is removable and you can insert knuckles if you desire. There are spikes on the cross beams to help hold the logs. Pins and brass all from Mcmaster Carr.