Large Scale Central

Cedar Muntain Shorty Combine

I have long admired the little red combine John Allen used to use on his Daphetid Branch, and I needed a quick project that I could finish in a couple sittings, and since I had a Bachmann Combine sitting around that wasn’t slated for a future project, I thight Whut the heck… First I dissassembled it…

Then we gotta figger out how much I wanna cut off…Ooooops…no turning back now!!!

Ok well , that looks pretty good…

Now lets slice and dice the roof!!!

I had to adjust the carbody length to get the roof to fit and the celerstory windows to work out, had to cut it back all the way to the door frame on the A end. Now I gotta cut the chasis to fit…

Nice project . . . :slight_smile:

And here on another thread we were talking about making the cars longer…

Deerfield River LAser kits?

Nice project. Looking forward to following along.

Doc Tom

Now moving onto the frame. I just sat each f the carbody on the frame and marked the end with masking tape. then just cur out the middle with the trusty razorsaw, and spliced it back together…

Need some new needle beams and queenposts under there… I just butt joined the two halves of the carbody…

Used a piece of styrene to bridge the joint on the roof…then locked it into the carbody to cure…

SO I set the assembly on the trucks just to see how it looks…I’m pleased so far…

half o

Still needs some seamwork, underbody details and a trip to the paintshop, but we’re moving right along!!!