Large Scale Central

Need help again

In this new collection a’m in the process of buying there is a Mallet with 2 tenders. Nether tenders have the draw bar. Is there any place that still have Aristo parts?

Draw bar pin 21800-51

Draw bar 21800-52

Draw bar screw 21800-53

You could try Navin at Precision RC (the company selling the revolution). www.revoelectronics.com … he ran the Aristo parts and repair shop.

Greg

could you possibly just make a new draw-bar?

Yes David, I think that may be the way to go. Looking through my junk box I think I can make something up. Won’t be pretty.

Send me the dimensions for the draw bars. I’ve designed several and 3D printed them. Attached is png file of a tinkcad designed drawbar.

Thanks for the offer Dick. I contacted Navin and he’s looking for some. If that doesn’t work out i"ll try my hand at making some.

Shouldn’t be too hard. I’ve made several using .032 1/4 brass strip.

The drawbar is actually in 2 parts, one part on the tender and one on the loco… loco on the left in this picture:

It’s the part for the tender. I have already made two replacements. Will test tomorrow.

That round tube could be a hex nut or 2, run a machine screw up thru it. Use clear flexible tubing to form the post and cushion the joint.

Dos centavos…

The picture I showed was with a little cap to keep things together, from Ted Doskaris.

Here’s the tender alone: