Large Scale Central

Aristocrat Track for Sale

For Southwest area railroaders: After building my new elevated layout, I removed and cleaned the ground layout track in order to restore the area. Consequently, I have a great deal of Aristo track for sale cheap. It is all used. Rail is in good condition, some of the tie strips may require painting or replacement, but not a lot. The southwest sun is hard on tie strips. All the track is for sale at $1.50 a foot. The following is what is available:

245 linear feet of 60" sections (about 50 sections)

70 linear feet of 20’ radius curves (about 171/2 sections)

43 linear feet of 16’ radius curves (about 16 sections)

15 linear feet of 10’ radius curves

Additionally, I have several LGB turnouts that I also do not need. All are in very good condition. They are from a collection I purchased from a fellow that sold his outdoor layout due to health.

4-22.5 degree Right Turnouts; 4-22.5 degree Left turnouts; 8-30 degree Right turnouts and 5-30 degree turnouts and 1-22.5 degree crossover. Some have motors, some don’t. All are $35 each. Crossover, $10.

I am unwilling to ship this stuff. Hard to do and expensive for the buyer unless they are willing. I would be happy to deliver some if you are nearby, or otherwise you can pick it up here, check out my new elevated layout and enjoy some really good green chili! IM me if anyone is interested. Otherwise this stuff may find it’s way elsewhere, it’s filling up my barn.

I will ALSO post some pics shortly of some locomotives that I’m thinning from my inventory as well as some items from the collection that I can’t use. All are in good condition or hardly run. A couple need minor maintenance. More later. In the meantime, I’m going to play with trains between the rain storms. Thanks for looking.

OK, last offer…$1.00 a linear foot. Otherwise I will dispatch it elsewhere!

Well Rich,

You won’t ship and besides we don’t know for sure if it’s brass, I’m guessing the used LGB matches … but I run SS.

I think this is the wrong audience, you might try Craig’s list or another local outlet.

Good Luck,

John

John, I am reluctant to ship because of the high cost due to weight. Hence mostly likely, interest only in southwest railroaders. All the Aristo track is brass. The only thing available at the time I built my ground level layout. I am not overlly anxious to spend copious hours dealing with this. If there is no interest among those who can come get the track or if I can deliver it, then I will discard it. As I said earlier, it’s filling up my barn and horses are unhappy

Too bad your so far away. I could use some straight track. Shipping is my only option.

-Kevin.

Yeh, I know. Track is expensive anyway. But shipping these days puts nearly anything heavy or with odd size over the top.

dieseldude . said:
Too bad your so far away. I could use some straight track. Shipping is my only option. -Kevin.

Just run one of these through you curved track… (http://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-surprised.gif)

Sorry…

Hey Rich, I could ask our club about buying most or even all of the track but are you willing to keep it until a friend of mine could pick it up? I’d have to check with him, but he is heading to Phoenix, AZ at the end of May to visit his son who lives there. Then they’re traveling east.

PM me what you think and I’ll start the ball rolling on this end and get you answer ASAP.

Chuck Inlow

Chuck, Thanks. But I think Boomer is going to take it. If something changes his plans, I’ll contact you. Thanks for your offer, this track needs to be put back to work. Thanks again.