Large Scale Central

Headlamp for Sammie

Where might I pick up a metal framed headlamp for a Sammie?

I have plenty of leftover plastic Bachmann headlamps laying around, but I don’t think mounting plastic to a metal smokebox would be worthwhile.

Any ideas?

Trackside details makes headlamps. http://www.tracksidedetails.com/

You can also see if Jay has one of the US style headlamps that Regner makes or Accucraft makes a bunch. A little more pricey but they come built and painted. Some of the trackside lamps have to be assembled. I really like the US style regner lamps.

I checked out the headlamps from Trackside Details and from Accucraft, and it appears the Accucraft ones come assembled, anyone know for sure?, I would hope so, considering the prices compared to TD. Liking the Shay and the Forney styles, also appears to be the only ones they have in stock.

Mike Wlez said:

I checked out the headlamps from Trackside Details and from Accucraft, and it appears the Accucraft ones come assembled, anyone know for sure?, I would hope so, considering the prices compared to TD. Liking the Shay and the Forney styles, also appears to be the only ones they have in stock.

Yes Accucraft come assembled. That was one thing I did not like about trackside details.