Large Scale Central

CSX mixed freight with a DPU

CSX mixed freight with a DPU

Cool video. Is there a difference between a pusher and a DPU?

I believe that a pusher would have an engineer on board and a DPU is controlled by the lead.

Distributed power!

Thanks Burl and Joe! Joe is correct It’s distrubuted power and controlled remotley.

It looks like things are all running smoothly! I assume these are all electric…track power? Do you have any issues getting several engines to play well together? Do different brand engines play together? My steamers just pull as they can and quite different engines will run fine together without great hardship.

Another cool video Matt ! Thanks for sharing. I finally ran my first train of the year this last weekend. Its been several months since a train ran and I forgot how much fun it is .

Eric, All the trains in this video are battery powered. The two dash 9’s have batteries in their engines. The SD40-2 is powered by the L&N box car in front of it. Different manufacturers engines do run at different speeds. Also, if you have different voltage batteries in engines it will change their speeds. I use Crest Revolution receivers and controller to run my trains. With it, you have the option to “slow down” an engine. There are many other settings too.

Thanks Mike!! Did you get a video. I LOVE your video’s!!!

Thank Matt no videos yet , maybe soon. I still have some clean up work to do and one of my tunnel seems to have gotten narrower . My auto racks would loose all the ladders if I tried to run them on that track.