Large Scale Central

Anyone like cars?

Trying not to clutter up an important train thread with my clumsy attempt at figuring out how to post a picture. I thought experiment and ask if there’s anyone here who enjoys cars. I don’t necessarily like to work on them but I do enjoy cruising. We just got my car out of the paint shop this week and of course it’s raining !

Sorry guys, If a mod could delete this thread that would be cool. Thanks!

http://largescalecentral.com/filesharing/file/view/2737/solstice-jpg

Why delete it, it’s in the right topic- Other Hobbies.

I don’t know if it’s the right way, but I was having problems figuring out how to upload pics from my computer, and I think I figured it out, it may not be right, but it works:

I type out my wording, post it, then hit “edit”, then “advanced”, then I’m able to get a “brouse” window, then hit “manage photo”, brings me to another page where I can upload photos.

Well if you click on the link it should take you there. :slight_smile:

Is that your car Mike? Love the color!

The link you posted takes me to the member sign in page

It was Baby Blue when I picked it up off the used car lot. All the stainless was badly dinged, so I removed it all, filled in the holes, laid down a satin finish and hand painted the flames.

Unfortunately, I don’t have it anymore, I sold it to raise money to turn the attached garage into a living space/bedroom.

I love cars but my wallet doesn’t. I have two 1927 chevys. A two door sedan and a four door sedan I have about 80% of the sheet metal to make a complete 2 door sedan. We didn’t get too far into a nostalgia rod build before we decided we didn’t have what it takes. They were a wood framed car. So it basically is a pile of sheet metal.

They are for sale?!!

Sorry Mike, I don’t recall having trouble posting pics like this. I’m clearly a bit dense. If someone would delete the mess I created I’d be much obliged. <3

I wouldn’t worry about it Cynnthia, every website is different when posting pics.

I’d like to say I’d be interested in another hotrod, but I think I’d be giving the wife a reason to shoot me after spending money on a live steamer this year, and not remodeling the bathroom like she wanted, lol.

Well I’m happy with the paint job! I created a freight shed folder called ‘car’ (at least I think I did) if you want to see it.

(http://largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-smile.gif)

That’s sharp, I like the early corvette style side panel on it

Yay, you can see it!

Nice looking car for sure!

Thank you, Sean!

I’ll work on posting pics myself so I can share some of our club activities this summer! You know, train stuff! :slight_smile:

I bought this last weekend

SWMBO has a Kia Forte coupe with a handful of performance mods in it. We’re pondering replacing it with a Lotus Elise. She fell in love with them when we saw one in DC. She wants orange.

I have a couple for different rides. Mountains and cruising.

Dan: That car is the total opposite of mine, but I think our hoods open the same way! I bet it’s scary as heck to drive and a ton (or three) of fun!

Bob: Silly and impractical…You should totally get it! Obey! :slight_smile:

John: Top down fun! Looks fast!

Having had 5 Vettes (still have 2), this looks like a “wannabe” to me. The jury is still out on this one. (http://largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-undecided.gif)

So, I like sports cars, although some people might argue some of my toys are not “true” sports cars.

If they go pretty fast, and handle very well, and you can have fun throwing them into corners, that’s sports car to me.

Fiat 850 Spyder

Mini Cooper S, from 998, to 1041 to 1275 with full 2" lowering, Koni’s and Firestone Indy tires, now that handled!

Trans Am with modified suspension

Corvette (first year of new body style that handled, 1984)

Nissan 300ZX (first year of remake where it handled well, 1990)

Mercedes 500SL (they actually handle well)

Some of the toys…

The wife gets the high performance sedans she has a 420hp twin turbo Audi at the moment… surprisingly agile through the corners.

I do love cars.