Large Scale Central

Get-Togethers are now in Conventions, Shows and Clubs

I mentioned to our Benevolent Dictator that informal ‘get-together’ threads didn’t really fit in the General Discussions, so he added them to the more formal Conventions, Shows and Clubs. Which is now “Conventions, Shows, Clubs and Get-Togethers” !

Thanks Bob.

Great, it’s nice to go to a site where organization is encouraged, instead of everything being piled in the general forum.

Thanks Bob.

Greg

I agree with Greg, thanks Bob. And thanks Pete.

Generally speaking Greg, generally I tend to generally agree with you, generally.

…so much agreeing…too much, I say; way too much…let’s have an “Invasion”…

??

Please define meaning… you mean a physical get together, or a cyber space one?

Greg

Greg Elmassian said:

??

Please define meaning… you mean a physical get together, or a cyber space one?

Greg

I meant physical. Can’t run my trains in cyberspace. What did you have in mind - the weekly chat room which would constitute a cyber get-together in real time?

I was actually addressing Fred, and asking about the “invasion”… I understand it has been used for physical get togethers, just was unclear of his post.

Greg

Greg; I was subtly using our “Invasion” as an example of actually, physically, “Getting together”.

Getting together using “Cyber Space”, can be limiting. The telephone can be an improvement (Less limiting), but the ultimate “Get-together” is meeting, shaking hands, looking at each other eyeball to eyeball…where true communication, human with human, takes place.

Even with modern transportation (Even including railways) can be out of the question for many, due to distance, expense, and even politics.

…so we have to make do with the three modes of communication available to the most people…the web (Cyber Space), the telephone, and yes, the old fashioned so-called, Snail Mail.

How we use, and react to these modes, depends at all times on how the individual person is educated in each of the skills. Even using the ultimate form of communication, some people just don’t have, want to have, that experience…sort of like being a recluse, or hermit.

I like to have the option of using whatever mode(s) are available, in order to meet other people with similar interests, so that I can learn, and share with others…and on a lot of great occasions, make great new friends.

Why anyone would go out of their way to avoid using as many modes of communication as possible, is beyond my understanding, but…we all are free to make our lives fit our desires…hopefully not hurting others.

Summing up my understanding of a “Get together”:…“Any possible way that a group of like minded people can COMMUNICATE together, to increase the sharing of knowledge, understanding, care and friendship”

Fred Mills.

Hey Guys…The LSC CHAT, is a form of “Get together”. Why don’t more people use it. Even the West (Left) Coast guys can use it for their group out there, with or without the Eastern dumb ass gang…and at times appropriate for them.

No traveling needed, and just the use of a simple email machine of some sort !! The Chat Room is available 24 hours a day, with only the minute or so at 03:00 EST when the web people reshuffle the deck and sweep the floors. !!..they even clean the litter box and wash the out house floor…of course you have to steal someone’s credit card to pay for refreshments…

Fred Mills

Fred M. Guess we are just as guilty as most out here… Sorry Fred we haven’t got back on with you. By the time we get our stuff done around the house and our acre yard we don’t get on until late. We around Cal. not use to bad weather that get Bad Wind with Large Trees coming out of the ground, lots of rain and flooding. Not use no Sun and temp. getting under 60 deg’s. lol. White stuff. What’s that?

Now we started to working on our Garden R.R. off and on …like most of our guys out here due to the weather. It has been now taking up a lot of free time getting yard going again .

We hope to get some of our guys on west coast on chat. It is a good place to just chat. (http://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-cool.gif)