Large Scale Central

Trackside Details, good experience with my order....

This was a good experience and, if useful to others, might better go in another LSC forum, however, I’ll let a moderator consider that. It is a follow up to other posts I’ve made here, though.

I’d been trying to figure out how to order some Trackside Details parts, but had no catalog to work from. No way to know what I might be ordering. So…

At another’s suggestion, I pulled up warriorrunlocoworks.com , looking for references to Trackside Details parts lists, etc., since TD’s new website is not fully restored yet. At Warrior, I was able to see a Trackside catalog. Photos of the parts, with i.d., which I individually saved under, “save image,” into my own Trackside file. Then, in segments, copied the text/price list and assembled a text file to accompany the photos. Now I had my own catalog. Armed with that, I pulled up the actual, new, Trackside Details web page. Not a lot there yet, but looks very promising. Using their contact number I placed a real telephone call to them. Had a nice talk with David, (I believe it is), there. I already realized, as others here know, that the demise of TD’s previous web site was not fault of David’s. However, armed with the Warrior information I could now order with correct identification and even pricing. I paid via PayPal, which seems to be what David is able to use, among other methods.

My order arrived quickly-very nice. I like his packaging. Each packet has the part number, price and a simplified word or two of what it is. Makes it easy to go back to the empty, used packet and know what to re-order.

Good experience and I’m convinced their new web site will be just fine very soon.

That’s it…Dennis

You could have put in “Reviews”, but I’ll let Bob worry about that.

It’s good you got the parts you needed.