Large Scale Central

Pics file gone

Well, I couldn’t load anymore pics to my freight shed file, cause it said I had reached my limit for that file. No problem, I’ll delete the shop photos I took a couple months ago. Every pic in the whole file got deleted, even the unchecked ones. So I started a new file and put the latest Forney pics in it.

Is that how it works?

I need a file for each topic?

John - Sorry you lost your pics. I just did a test and I am able to pick and choose what pictures get deleted; so no, you don’t need a new folder for every pic.

You need to go into the folder then check only the files to delete. Don’t check the box at the very top as it will select them all. That may be what happened to you.

@Bob - It might be helpful if the warning could say how many files are selected for deletion. That way if uyou meant to delete 3 and get told 10 are to be deleted yo know to go back and try again.

I just created a folder, and looked to see if the default was all boxes checked… no they were not…

I think you must have accidentally checked the folder box, then perhaps it “stayed” even though you went into the folder.

Not sure I am helping, since you are using the word “file” for what is probably a “folder” but really a “Directory”

So did the entire contents of a folder disappear or all files in the freight shed?

Greg

It’s all my fault, because I haven’t taken the time to learn all about the new FS. Maybe I should.

Some of us aren’t as computer savvy as you Greg.

John,

You did notice there’s a link top right to “OLD FS” ? Bob ‘froze’ the old Freight Shed and started a new one (essentially giving you the old space in perpetuity for free.)

When you go to Freight Shed you are looking at the new space, not the original.

I understand the difference, I also accidentally deleted a folder and ironically deleted a pic from John’s thread.

Caught me off guard when it went.

John

Playing a little with the new FS. Getting to know how to use it. Slowly moving files from the old FS to the new. Then I will just empty the old FS.

I forgot about the old FS, I just went to mine.

What is the normal “path” for files in it?

Greg

John Bouck said:

Playing a little with the new FS. Getting to know how to use it. Slowly moving files from the old FS to the new. Then I will just empty the old FS.

Won’t you be deleting pics from your threads? They will have a new location, no?

I don’t think Bob cares if you empty the old, I think he managed to give us all more space in addition to the old with his upgrade.

I’ve not heard a request to do so.

John

Yes, deleting the pictures from the old freight shed, assuming that you can, would remove your pictures from your old threads. The new pictures would have a different URL (path) and would not show up in the old threads.

Yes, but they are old threads that haven’t been looked at for a long time. I’m not sentimental, so if the pics are gone it doesn’t bother me at all.

How do you know they haven’t been looked at? I find threads on other sites, when I am searching for something, and its quite disappointing when I find a thread, that answers my questions, or could have, if the pictures were still there.

I think the old threads should be left as is, as much as possible. You never know when someone will do a search and stumble across one.

Besides, Bob didn’t tell us to clean house. So if his server has enough memory to host the pictures, what harm are they doing just sitting there?

I would entreat you to leave them there for all the reasons David mentioned.

Greg

I’ll go thru my posts and see what I can do about restoring the lost pics.