Large Scale Central

Snowshoeing

There’s a good 18-24 inches of fluffy powder on top of the bench work at Wenatchee, so my lovely bride and I decided to break out the snowshoes to enjoy the 20° F temps and CAVU skys. Wonderful.

Even with 30 inch “Bearpaw” snowshoes, I was sinking 8-10 inches into the powder. Hard work. 20 minutes and I was done. I’ll get some photos tomorrow.

Steve Featherkile said:

There’s a good 18-24 inches of fluffy powder on top of the bench work at Wenatchee, so my lovely bride and I decided to break out the snowshoes to enjoy the 20° F temps and CAVU skys. Wonderful.

Even with 30 inch “Bearpaw” snowshoes, I was sinking 8-10 inches into the powder. Hard work. 20 minutes and I was done. I’ll get some photos tomorrow.

Well I am impressed.

Oh. I thought that was “noshoeing.” My mistake.

Two feet of snow should have worked for you:

Now I know why we have not seen much snow in the last few weeks. You have it all.

Here are some photos. I’m no good at selfies, so you are spared that.

First is the bench work at Wenatchee. That lump is an eight foot long car barn/warehouse.

Next are snowshoe tracks in our front yard.

The shoes.

Steve, you need some 40" Adirondack “Racquettes”. As we call trailers here in the east.

Wow. As someone who has spent most of my life in sunny So. Cal, I don’t know how you guys stand living in those really cold climates.

Steve Featherkile said:

Wow … 20 minutes, your an animal Steve !!!

Most guys are into high heels and stocking on their brides.

Ray,

Just read this the other day. . .You know how you dress for the cold? . . . take off your pants and go back to bed.

Ray, when I worked downtown, walking from customer to customer, I would wear a sweater and an Air Force issue Parka. And I would wear sweat pants under my work pants. And then I would watch all the other folks rushing around and freezing while I was nice and toasty warm.

Ray Dunakin said:

Wow. As someone who has spent most of my life in sunny So. Cal, I don’t know how you guys stand living in those really cold climates.

Turn on the TV and throw another log on the fire…(http://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-wink.gif)

Ray Dunakin said:

I’m beginning to wonder that myself. I’m ready to be a “snowbird” and spend the winters in Arizona.

Back when I was a varsity slalom skier, the one who was down fastest was called the winner…Just think of yourself as the winner!

Rockwall Canyon Jeff said:

Back when I was a varsity slalom skier, the one who was down fastest was called the winner…Just think of yourself as the winner!

No rules! Just get to the bottom the fastest? Why bother with skies?

Skis are a must…

Unless you have snowmobile, you’re not beating me to the bottom haha.

Hmmmm. A snowshoe thread hijacked before the first page ends.

Sigh.

Steve Featherkile said:

Hmmmm. A snowshoe thread hijacked before the first page ends.

Sigh.

Yep …It’s all Toms fault !