Large Scale Central

Building Moms House

Well I took the plunge and started to build something with some campaign signs that got left behind. This is a wing it version of my moms house which i grew up in. Have the basic shape and window openings . going to se where this goes from here, now the fun starts for a small house it has a different shape to the roof. I am thinking it will be stick built with some kind of shingle type roof. I am going to cut some blocks for structure on all corners and then work on a roof. Now that I am looking at the walls up, its going to take some tinkering . Oh Boy!a 1:24 scale car for some reference. used a 1:29 scale for the house. might be mistake #1

hmm, no pictures showing, put them in my new shed, copied shortcut, then clicked the mountain and pasted them, like I used to do. Where did I go wrong

http://www.largescalecentral.com/filesharing/file/view/924/img-1869-jpg

I think it is there now. I think I put image description in the wrong spot when I clicked on the mountain icon

Cool, but yea, mixing scales can be a challenge. I build to 1:24, because the math is easy for my feeble brain. But I use 1:32nd lumber, because the drill bits that I use as spacers to set my saw fence, come in 1/32nd increments.

So how did you get the pictures to show up? what am I doing wrong?

I have a 1:29 scale, so that is what I grabbed, then when I thought to take a picture I grabbed a 1:24 car and it was way big, si I got the smallest one I have in that scale. It will be fine , just no car in the garage for sure.

I opened the pictures in another window. I put the mouse pointer on the picture and right clicked my mouse. I selected “copy image location” from the pop up menu (I am using Firefox). Then, back on the window with this thread, I clicked the insert image icon, the one with the mountain on it. Then I put my mouse pointer in the “Source” box and pasted the image location, by pressing the control and the V key at the same time. Then I clicked the “OK” button.

I’d put some bracing on those inside corners to give it a bit more strength. That corner next to the garage may need 3, 1 on each wall and another right at the corner to give you something to glue to. Other than that, it looks like your on your way to a nice looking building!

Thanks Ken , I am planning on wood blocks bracing it, just temporary taped together to see how it is fitting.

Here is the 1:1 picture of the house , close enough that when my wife came home she immediately knew what I was building. The roof is probably going to give me fits with to get right.

Sweet Moms place has a helipad !

Just tell 'em the car is for the WOW factor (http://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-cool.gif)

Nice start Pete

Mom has a hot rod?

Nice start, and a great idea!

David when I was living there , one Sunday she took my 69 Charger 4 speed with lumpy cam to church because she didnt want to move it and then get her car out of the garage.

Helipad, not sure if you mean the driveway or the building in the back . Did have a hot air ballon try to land to the right of the house a long time ago, but with out german shepard going nuts under them they went on their way.