Large Scale Central

Saw blades for scale sawmills..

Thought I would pass this along for anyone looking for a saw blade to use for a sawmill project. These are or were available at Harbor Freight. I think around less than 10 bucks. I originally purchased them for this reason, However I am using them on my 4-4-0 project at the moment. They are really sharp and cut aluminum bar stock 1/8 think really nice and so far have not dulled at all with several cuts being made. Just have to clean out the teeth after a few cuts. I am sure they would go thru brass pretty easy too…

These look for a sawmill project!

Thanks Dave

I was at Harbor Freight Sunday…These are still available there. They are 6.99 and with a 20% off coupon would much cheaper…

those do look great

They would also make great ratchet thingies for steam cranes.

They are good for sawmills, I put one in my mill build 3 years ago, and they actually do cut wood! I use a computer printer motor to turn it, and cut thin balsa for the tourists that come to see the railroad

And I just used one on a Dremel to make a notch in a new flatcar to use for link and pin coupler.

Fun product

Jerry

Fun, but a tad scary to use.

Those look like machinists slitting saw blades, which are high speed steel quite capable of cutting wood or metal if run at the right speed. I have a little table saw which uses them (from a different sourse) and it does a great job. For my scale, 1-13.7 or 7/8th inch to the foot I would need a larger saw blade, like that use on the Drexel or micromark table saws.